Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz420 View Post
    Do you think WebOS quick install would still be big news in the era of Preware and FileCoaster?

I only used it *once* in my life - to install FC
    I'm in the boat right beside you. I used it once in my life to install Preware!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Before the official 1.2 WHY!

Edit: Damn Beat me to it THETRUTH Touche!
    idk
    but its coming out today
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I'm in the boat right beside you. I used it once in my life to install Preware!
    So you do the tweaks manually? Hide nascar, etc., or creating new launcher pages or making the darned icons smaller -- more on a line.

I couldn't do those on my own -- have to have the installer.
    bclancy you are right about that and they said it was almost complete too didnt they!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    you dont use any of the tweaks at all?????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    what if he had inside information that official 1.2 was being released tonight and he was timing his release of WebOS Quick Install for it. It could explain whats taking so long for the quick install release. I know wishfull thinking...
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    So you do the tweaks manually? Hide nascar, etc., or creating new launcher pages or making the darned icons smaller -- more on a line.

I couldn't do those on my own -- have to have the installer.
    To tell you the truth, I haven't been thinking too much about tweaks. There are tweaks that are installable via Preware (like the virtual keyboard). Preware features regarding tweaks are still immature (or in their infancy) as far as I'm concerned. Currently, to upgrade a tweak, you have to uninstall the tweak and reinstall it. I haven't checked out the webos desktop installer features beyond what I needed for my initial use. I suspect it's a righteous utility that I should look at further. (Go ahead and "talk it up".)

EDIT/NOTE: The main reason I'm delaying too much thought on tweaks is because I'll want to remove them before doing the WebOS 1.2+ upgrade when it comes out.

I've installed some tweaks manually in the early days. I probably wouldn't do that again unless a tweak did more than I needed/wanted. I'd like a utility that keeps an inventory of the tweaks applied and can give me a report. If WOSI does that, I'll probably look at it sooner than later.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    id venture to say its precentral app that they talked about in the palm cast a couple of weeks ago but we will see in a few right!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    See Jason's most recent post below:

http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?p=1904992

He said that Quick Install ver 2.5 is on track to be released tonight.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdabest9 View Post
    via Twitter-
    Precentral:Highly recommend you homebrew fanatics keep a close eye on precentral.net later this evening. Just saying.

Huuuh??
    I'm going to guess the precentral homebrew app itself.
    -m
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    Precentral.net app?
    And what exactly is a Precentral.net app supposed to do?
    well update has to be tonight to then right ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    people just want precentral to fit the pre's screen is all that is lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Precentral app would be rockin! I have the main page and the mobile forums on my "main" launcher page. I'm sure this App would let me free up those slots! Also Jason is super smart, He knows 1.2 is around the corner...I bet he already has a compatible version for when it does drop!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    It is the release of Web OS Install 2.5 thats being released tonite
    With all this hype I went button nuts and Palm servers are down. Can't update or backup. Maybe they give us something to.... NOT.
    aaa. have any of you looked at the front page of the forum. its all right there
    Beat me to it.
    it's the theme gallery. up now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    it's the theme gallery. up now.
    And WebOS update done the page. Woo Hoo! And if someone has a extra Pre that that have got replaced please send it to this guy. He still does not have one. at least he could feel it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast