Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I counted 102 of them.........most are useless to me.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I only counted 83.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Another wasted post, go over to iphone then,there you will find approx 10,000 apps that are useless to "you"??? unless you like fart and baby shaking app's.
    you cant count then there are more than that lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you cant count then there are more than that lol
    in the apps store? or homebrew..?
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    I counted 102 of them.........most are useless to me.
    Somebody please get this boy an abacus!! Please remember one thing we are in beta app catalog... it took apple a year for what palm is doing in a quarter of that time. We will see a flood of application catered to all of us as soon as the ap catalog goes off beta. Possible as soon as this thursday(9/24/09). Although it may remain in beta even though they activate the paid application catalog. patience is a virtue. This is a 1.0 device and 1.0 software. we must be patient. Great things will come to those who wait
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Of corse Apple took a year......they pioneered the app store. Everyone else after that knew the name of the game and should have been more (pre)pared. My post was not to complain, but rather show that Palm is making progress because off all of the threads pointing out the lack of apps. Only a month and a half ago we went from 30 apps to our present number.....
    Of corse Apple took a year......they pioneered the app store.
    There have been many app stores before the iPhone. The real innovation is that there is only one.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  9. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i was disappointed to see a fart app for the Pre. seriously guys? lets keep this app store a little more focused than apple's plz
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Of corse Apple took a year......they pioneered the app store. Everyone else after that knew the name of the game and should have been more (pre)pared. My post was not to complain, but rather show that Palm is making progress because off all of the threads pointing out the lack of apps. Only a month and a half ago we went from 30 apps to our present number.....
    you said in your 1st post they were all mostly 'useless to me' why not post in the the right forum what you are looking for? maybe a developer might think a program you think is worthwile is worth spending their time on?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Useless for ME....does not mean everyone. The point is Palm is moving in the right direction.
    it's not just an apple thing.There are fart apps for winmo... there are fart apps for android... there are fart apps for practically all platforms... why should palm be any different? palm elitist? why i betcha if there are fart apps... gonna be a lot of people downloading it and farting on their pres.

it's because developers are able to come out with so many type of apps is what gives an app store the ability to offer something for everyone. if we had people like you deciding what type of apps are 'focused,' people would probably be missing out on a lot and go elsewhere.

palm can only hope they have about 10,000 apps in there store ASAP... they could use the money towards development instead of having to offer a secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    i was disappointed to see a fart app for the Pre. seriously guys? lets keep this app store a little more focused than apple's plz
    this thread is useless to me
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    If the thread is useless.......DON't REPLY.....
  15. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    it's not just an apple thing.There are fart apps for winmo... there are fart apps for android... there are fart apps for practically all platforms... why should palm be any different? palm elitist? why i betcha if there are fart apps... gonna be a lot of people downloading it and farting on their pres.

it's because developers are able to come out with so many type of apps is what gives an app store the ability to offer something for everyone. if we had people like you deciding what type of apps are 'focused,' people would probably be missing out on a lot and go elsewhere.

palm can only hope they have about 10,000 apps in there store ASAP... they could use the money towards development instead of having to offer a secondary.
    point taken. when i first got the phone a few weeks ago i was sifting through the homebrew catalog looking for the gems, and seeing PreFart felt like wasted dev effort so early in the game. build something to plug feature gaps, THEN release the whirligigs, especially if you're not getting revenue yet anyway. imho.
    I am hopeful that truly useful apps are forthcoming. One individual has created an app that allows speed dial without opening the slider. Now that's useful. A tip calculator and games are not for me but free enterprise is what we are all about. The developers will create what's wanted/needed.
    These are the apps I really am hoping to see soon:

1. Slingplayer (EVDO enabled)
    2. iHeartRadio
    3. Weightbot
    i understand your frustration though but i think next week the apps will start flooding in and a lot of people will start being happier.

Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    point taken. when i first got the phone a few weeks ago i was sifting through the homebrew catalog looking for the gems, and seeing PreFart felt like wasted dev effort so early in the game. build something to plug feature gaps, THEN release the whirligigs, especially if you're not getting revenue yet anyway. imho.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I fully agree with you. Fart apps should not be a priority this early in the webOS game!
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Of corse Apple took a year......they pioneered the app store.
    No they didn't. they brought an already existing idea and and implemented it on a mobile device. The idea of "app stores" has been around and in use for years. Linux distributions have had software repositories and package managers for quite a while.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast