Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to John Clifton a sprint employee on Sprints facebook page Txt Fwding will be in the next update... this is the post that he made in reply to someone on facebook regarding fwding txt on the pre...

John Clifton: Kamilah- Palm is currently working on updates to address these requests. Text forwarding will definately be in the next update due out soon. We do not have a specific date yet, but will be sure to alert you guys when it's available.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dior504 View Post
    According to John Clifton a sprint employee on Sprints facebook page Txt Fwding will be in the next update... this is the post that he made in reply to someone on facebook regarding fwding txt on the pre...

John Clifton: Kamilah- Palm is currently working on updates to address these requests. Text forwarding will definately be in the next update due out soon. We do not have a specific date yet, but will be sure to alert you guys when it's available.
    You DO realize that most employees for ANY network are clueless, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    You DO realize that most employees for ANY network are clueless, right?
    VERY true.

Plus, txt forwarding has been available for a while through WebOSQuickInstall, so most anybody who would care probably already has it going.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    VERY true.

Plus, txt forwarding has been available for a while through WebOSQuickInstall, so most anybody who would care probably already has it going.
    Yea i agree. Pointless update since we already beat palm to it!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I don't think it's a pointless update, it is needed. There are a lot of average customers that will not use Quick Install or even Homebrew apps for that matter and this is a feature that should be on the phone from the start.

What I would like to see is when you swipe a text off the screen, it should have a button for forward next to the delete button on it, that would give it a clean look.
    Go Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by sd7318 View Post
    What I would like to see is when you swipe a text off the screen, it should have a button for forward next to the delete button on it, that would give it a clean look.
    Very nice idea. Or perhaps a right handed swipe to delete and left handed swipe to forward. With the version currently in the quickinstall, I find myself regularly having to cancel a forward.
    VERY true.

How do you do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    How do you do it?
    1. Download WebOSQuickInstall on your desktop, following all directions.
    2. Run WebOSQuickInstall.
    3. Open the "tweaks" menu.
    4. Check the box for text forwarding.
    5. ???
    6. Profit.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dior504 View Post

Hopefully the Palm update will be spot on and allow you too forward even an MMS correctly
    OMG text fwding!!!! now i can fwd all those Kanye West parodies!! FTWWWWW
    /sarcasm
    5. ???
    6. Profit.

Cool thanks, any possible negative effects from doing this?
    5. ???
    6. Profit.
    hahah you guys totally missed the south park reference... underwear nomes
    Philadelphia, murder capital of the world
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Cool thanks, any possible negative effects from doing this?
    None that I am aware of. At worst, you'll need to remember to undo the tweak before installing a system update such as WebOS 1.2 when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    And you sir, win the prize.*

*No actual prize expressed or implied.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    LOL -- thanks for the jiggering my memory. I was wondering what the heck line 5 was for I didn't even notice line 6. That was one funny episode.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I read it today and laughed my arse off! South park geeks, Uinite!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    5. ???
    6. Profit.
    A fellow farker, I see
    Nicely played, sir. I watched that episode just last night.