1.    #1  
    Pre now on Amazon $149.99

Amazon.com: Palm Pre Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Service
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Well, it's interesting, but I can't imagine anybody getting their cell service set up through amazon when there are so many options that are so much more convenient.
    does this require you to sign a new 2 year deal? it just says you need the right service plan. i'm pretty sure you would need to upgrade but it doesn't really say. can anyone who has bought one through them let me know, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsjordan View Post
    does this require you to sign a new 2 year deal? it just says you need the right service plan. i'm pretty sure you would need to upgrade but it doesn't really say. can anyone who has bought one through them let me know, thanks
    There's a link right under the price to "buy without a service plan" with takes you to the same item for $499.00
    i know but it still doesn't say anything about a 2 year contract, i would think a service plan would mean any of the plans your forced to get when you get the pre
    3 mouse clicks would also answer the question.

No. You can not buy it for that price without a contract. As soon as you click "select this phone" and choose your plan, you get a screen with options.

The first "option" is a checkbox for a 2-year contract that cannot be unchecked.

I just tried, just to end the mystery.
  7.    #7  
    If you would like to know about the service plans, just enter your zip code for availability
    Just for to check the info I entered a zip code and showed me this info:
    Amazon.com: Palm Pre Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Service

I donīt know if this link will take you to the info I got , but with your zip It will for you.