1.    #1  
    At work on my desktop I listen to talk radio WABC I can't post the link here but if you google WABC and go to their page you will see an icon for "Listen Live".

When I go to this website with my Pre it doesn't play the stream.

What is keeping the Pre from playing this station and is there a work around?
    go to the homebrew apps and get one of the shoutcast programs. once installed go to search and do a search for WABC - i got it right off the bat and runs fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsondm2 View Post
    go to the homebrew apps and get one of the shoutcast programs. once installed go to search and do a search for WABC - i got it right off the bat and runs fine.
    You must have some magical Pre since the current one out does NOT support the codec that Citadel stations(WABC,KABC,WMAL,KSFO,etc) stream.

Yes, the station will pop up in shoutcast but won't play. I suggest that you check out mypreradio.com, Marc has done a wonderful job of getting certain stations that stream.pls in one place. There you will find KSYL that streams Rush, then Sean. Then head over to WBOB where you can get the first two hours of the Great One. As for the local content on WABC, you're SOL on that sorry... Trust me I used to stream WABC because I like to listen to the local spots, feels like I was home...
    Last edited by luvmyq9c; 09/19/2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: SPELLING, D'oh!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    You must have some magical Pre since the current one out does NOT support the codec that Citadel stations(WABC,KABC,WMAL,KSFO,etc) stream.

Yes, the station will pop up in shoutcast but won't play. I suggest that you check out mypreradio.com, Marc has done a wonderful job of getting certain stations that stream.pls in one place. There you will find KSYL that streams Rush, then Sean. Then head over to WBOB where you can get the first two hours of the Great One. As for the local content on WABC, you're SOL on that sorry... Trust me I used to stream WABC because I like to listen to the local spots, feels like I was home...

Thanks I will try the suggestions, and yes I like the weather hear in AZ but I do like to hear some NJ/NY news.

Of course Rush and Sean and Mark would be great to listen to on my Pre.
    Last edited by anthemmobil1; 09/19/2009 at 02:36 PM.
    How can I tell what my local stations stream. I believe Cumulus is the dominate station owner in mid-Michigan. I want my locals that I normally listen to on my desktop. Any help would be appreciated.