Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well I am definitely planning on getting the Zune HD within the next couple of days (specs are just to sexy not to) and I am wondering how well Zune 4 works with the Pre. Anyone have any knowledge on this? I have heard that Zune 4 is considerably better then itunes 9 so really wondering about this.
    I have been playing with Zune 4 all day. It doesn't even acknowledge the pre. However, window's media player does I believe, and all the editing of play lists you do in the zune player syncs up with WMP. So you can go that route. Obviously you won't be able to use your zune pass goodies on the pre.

I am still debating the Zune HD. It is indeed very sexy, but I just don't feel like I have a need for it. However, I will say this, I rather like the Zune 4 software. Works so much better than iTunes on a PC.

Edit: I just testing syncing with WMP and this didn't work. WMP didn't seem to recognize the pre. However, if you just run winamp on the side it can import all the zune player playlists and I know it can sync up with the pre.
    Last edited by Complex Pants; 09/19/2009 at 12:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I love my Zune Pass. I wish I could use Zune 4 to sync with my Pre. iTunes sucks in comparison. Right now I use both iTunes for the Pre and Zune for everything else (syncing my Zune players and playing music on the PC/Home theater). I wish I could finally dump iTunes altogether. Since my daughters iPod just died I guess I won't have iTunes much longer anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by 50thaevert View Post
    I love my Zune Pass. I wish I could use Zune 4 to sync with my Pre. iTunes sucks in comparison. Right now I use both iTunes for the Pre and Zune for everything else (syncing my Zune players and playing music on the PC/Home theater). I wish I could finally dump iTunes altogether. Since my daughters iPod just died I guess I won't have iTunes much longer anyway.
    That is exactly my thought about the ZuneHD. I have a PS3 that I was using as my media player, but it just isn't cutting it. It is too hard to manage music on it (still is an awesome DVD/BluRay player though) Also, the pre isn't something I really want to run at the gym with.

Try Winamp instead of itunes for syncing the pre, it works quite well for me. I am sure there are some other solutions out there too. But right now I am quite taken by Zune 4.

I do have a question about the zune pass though. When you download songs using your credits or MS points, what is the format and what is the bitrate? Thanks!
    You can also use MyTether to tether the Zune to your Pre for Internet if you want to use the bigger screen.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Oh, if only Pre would work with Zune. With every update, Zune just highlights what an antiquated piece of junk iTunes is.

As for WMP11...it should see your Pre if you're in USB mode to sync. Just did it, and it worked perfectly.
    I've been thinking the same thing, love the zune and the software, would be great if there was a zune app for the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by lars7575 View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing, love the zune and the software, would be great if there was a zune app for the Pre
    This would be AWESOME, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Microsoft is probably afraid that it would kill Zune sales, and they're probably right. The Zune HD is an awesome looking player, but if I had my choice between a $10 app or a $250 extra device I think it'd be a no brainer.
    With Zune Pass you will quickly fill the 8GB Pre
    Actually just bought the Zune HD and it's been awesome. Of course, I was coming from a Sansa Clip so I guess there may be a reason why I think that way...
    Now if zune hd were just a phone... Sigh
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Why WOULDN'T Zune Player.app be available on WebOS?

Unlike Apple, MS is a software company so offering Zune.app as a media player for Android/WebOS wouldn't really eat into the WinMo sale, and at the same time it would be a huge strategic move in preventing more iPhone/iTunes migration. Zune Player is being positioned to be their stardard music player so selling the app on as many devices as possible would be a win-win for everyone except Apple?
    My zune hd should be coming in the next couple of days, I really hope that the pre would get some sort of zune app because that would be awesome, it'll prob never happen tho
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have a Zune 80 and a zune pass. I would love to get some of my music on the Pre. When it comes to just listening to music im going to always grab the zune. If I had an app to stream music from zune marketplace to my pre its just another reason to keep paying the $15.00 a month. Dooo Eit!
    Me is loving the Zune HD, what a sexy interface. Thing is I still have my iPod touch. I can't just dump all my apps, the touch is really nice, especially when Jailbroken. Still I love that Zune interface...and the playing screen with the picture in background, scrolling text....ohhhh *drooolz*
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazakins View Post
    I have a Zune 80 and a zune pass. I would love to get some of my music on the Pre. When it comes to just listening to music im going to always grab the zune. If I had an app to stream music from zune marketplace to my pre its just another reason to keep paying the $15.00 a month. Dooo Eit!
    Remember though, Microsoft keeps all money from Zune sales, they split money from ZunePass with the music industry, just as they probably would from the app.
    I think the zune pass is what would hold up a zune app. I could see the music industry frowning upon them opening it up to another player.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    WMP didn't seem to recognize the pre.
    That's odd. WMP recognizes the Pre in USB Mode for me. You can set up auto-sync with it and everything.
    I have been saying this for a while now, The Zune software is killer and I'd love to see it sync with the Pre.

Microsoft could always make this happen just to **** off Apple!

See the link below for my pole -

Zune Software Sync?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    That's odd. WMP recognizes the Pre in USB Mode for me. You can set up auto-sync with it and everything.
    I will try that. I am running win 7 RC, so that might affect something, but I will fiddle a bit more with it. So far I really, really like the zune player.

As others have said a Zune.app would be a good deal. I mean, I won't get a zune pass unless I listen to the music I d/l on my PMP, which is the pre atm. It is better to sell some passes and no devices than to sell no devices and no passes.

Also webos and android are going to be going to different markets, world wides, so it would seem like a good move to me. Also it would **** off apple, which is always fun to watch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast