Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so 3 times in the last 2 weeks, when sliding the keyboard closed on my pre it turns the device completely off....anyone else had this problem?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    My family has 3 Pre's and 1 of them has the same problem. Still waiting for my dad to take his back to sprint.
  3.    #3  
    its sorta random which is weird...i tried opening and closing it 10 times in a row yesterday and it wouldnt shut off
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    when did you get ur phone? there is a known issue with some of the earlier models you can exchange it if you want or got to sprint and get a new battery or something
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It has nothing to do with the phone. You have the old battery. Go to sprint and they will give you a new battery for free
    If this is the "known issue" about resets when you close the slider, it's becase closing the slider shakes the phone "just right" to make the battery lose contact.

The battery compartment in a lot of Pres is too big for the battery. Many of the refurbs are coming with a little piece of foam between the end of the battery opposite the contacts and that side of the battery compartment.

You can do the same thing yourself with a tiny scrap of foam rubber or a folded up piece of paper.
  7.    #7  
    im kinda scared to give up my battery as this is the one giving me 36-48 hours runtime between charges
    @agentmock

lol then you can open the back of ur phone and get a small piece of foam from some where and place it inbetween the battery and phone in the gap. thats the only thing i can tell ya then. hope it helps!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    It has nothing to do with the phone. You have the old battery. Go to sprint and they will give you a new battery for free

That is not necessarily true. My battery works flawlessly and gives great battery life, except that if I slide it closed too hard the phone resets. I have not had it happen a single time since sticking in a little wedge of folded paper.
    Took my pre back for the same problem. He replaced the battery and it is now working just fine.
    Maybe on some but mine was fixed right after the swap. Even let me keep my other one.
    It's entirely possible that they have slightly longer batteries that they are replacing them with, and only using the foam on refurbs that don't need a new battery.

That would actually make a lot of sense because I know a lot of people who wouldn't be satisfied with a little 1/16"x1/8"x1" piece of foam to fix their phone.

You could test for yourself, since you have your old battery. Just pull the new one out and see if the new one is bigger as measured from the edge with the contacts to the opposite edge.
  13.    #13  
    sweet...i'll just grab some foam somewhere in the next couple of days
    @agentmock

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    sweet...i'll just grab some foam somewhere in the next couple of days
    Just grab a scrap of paper and fold if over a couple of times and wedge it in there. If it works, you can find some foam rubber later, and if not you can return it without having to find something more permanent, although I'm almost 2 weeks with a scrap of paper and having no problems.
    Paper thing worked for me. I did it about 4 days ago and I have had no more problems.

It was REALLY bad before though. I had to be extremely careful when closing.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    im kinda scared to give up my battery as this is the one giving me 36-48 hours runtime between charges
    Wow, what do you do with your Pre, keep it closed?
    My battery is dead in 6-8 hours of normal usage (almost non-stop email, internet, twitter, etc.).
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Thanks to everyone for your hepl, I had the same problem, now using paper and fixed!!!
  18. d0c
    just came across this thread. my pre (maybe 1.5 years old) is now shutting off and restarting (and you know how freakin long that takes if you're reading this) when i close the phone. did it 3x today.

i have had this problem in the past when opening it - usually to answer a call - but never on closing it. i'll be calling sprint tonight (when the phone finally restarts!).

although i haven't been on this site since sept, it feels like i never left. i love it here!!!!

thanks everyone!
    There are a few threads floating around about the battery issue. Apparently Palm had some batteries made in Korea and some made in China. If I remember correctly, it was the ones from China that were slightly smaller.

Someone even mentioned that they used a strip cut off of a credit card to hold the battery in tight.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast