Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Hey has anyone heard anything from anyone about the pre supporting VPN? i know theres a classic app for it but im told it sucks. Any ideas? This would def come in handy
  2. jp22382's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #2  
    not perfect but it might do the trick http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...37-prevnc.html
  3.    #3  
    im looking more for an app to connect to a VPN kinda like the cisco program on the computers? know what im talking about?
  4. #4  
    That would be a great app. I have yet to find any app (or webos support) for it.
    VNC is not VPN. Do not confuse remote control with networking.
  5. #5  
    i also a interested in a vpn app for the pre, as my schools campus uses cisco vpn. maybe the sept 24 update will provide one? lets hope
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    i also a interested in a vpn app for the pre, as my schools campus uses cisco vpn. maybe the sept 24 update will provide one? lets hope
    Yeah thats the reason i want it. in class i get 1 bar of signal....would be nice to be able to surf the web.....during class hahah
  7. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #7  
    There is a thread around here somewhere someone said they got a version of a linux cisco vpn client working but no real gui. Might wanna find it and see if the guy ever made one. I'd sure like to see it too.
  8. #8  
    Yeah I posted that thread. Never got around to making a GUI since to do it right I'd have to make my own Java service among other things.

    It works fine, but you have to have a general knowledge of Linux.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Yeah I posted that thread. Never got around to making a GUI since to do it right I'd have to make my own Java service among other things.

    It works fine, but you have to have a general knowledge of Linux.
    Could u post instructions or something on how to use it? or where would i find that?
  10. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #10  
    You'd find the instructions in the link to the thread he posted...


    Still would like to see a gui-fied version of it tho.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Could u post instructions or something on how to use it? or where would i find that?
    Check the first post of the thread I linked. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help.

Posting Permissions