1.    #1  
    Hey has anyone heard anything from anyone about the pre supporting VPN? i know theres a classic app for it but im told it sucks. Any ideas? This would def come in handy
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    not perfect but it might do the trick http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...37-prevnc.html
  3.    #3  
    im looking more for an app to connect to a VPN kinda like the cisco program on the computers? know what im talking about?
    That would be a great app. I have yet to find any app (or webos support) for it.
    VNC is not VPN. Do not confuse remote control with networking.
    i also a interested in a vpn app for the pre, as my schools campus uses cisco vpn. maybe the sept 24 update will provide one? lets hope
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    i also a interested in a vpn app for the pre, as my schools campus uses cisco vpn. maybe the sept 24 update will provide one? lets hope
    Yeah thats the reason i want it. in class i get 1 bar of signal....would be nice to be able to surf the web.....during class hahah
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    There is a thread around here somewhere someone said they got a version of a linux cisco vpn client working but no real gui. Might wanna find it and see if the guy ever made one. I'd sure like to see it too.
    Yeah I posted that thread. Never got around to making a GUI since to do it right I'd have to make my own Java service among other things.

It works fine, but you have to have a general knowledge of Linux.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Yeah I posted that thread. Never got around to making a GUI since to do it right I'd have to make my own Java service among other things.

It works fine, but you have to have a general knowledge of Linux.
    Could u post instructions or something on how to use it? or where would i find that?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    You'd find the instructions in the link to the thread he posted...

Still would like to see a gui-fied version of it tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Could u post instructions or something on how to use it? or where would i find that?
    Check the first post of the thread I linked. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help.