Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Does anyone know why the voice quality of the turn by turn on the Sprint navigation is so distorted? Is this something that can be replaced with a less distorted speech engine? I was using it through my phones speaker, and it was distorted to the point that I thought it was the cellphone speaker, so I plugged it into the line in jack on my car stereo, and it makes my car speakers sound like they are vibrating. I was using it in parallel with Pandora, and the music is perfect, so it's not my car stereo. Don't get me wrong, free navigation is AWESOME. Just wondering if the voice module can be fixed somehow?

Thanks in advance,
    Max
    I believe the audio is done through the server, not any text-to-speech on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Does anyone know why the voice quality of the turn by turn on the Sprint navigation is so distorted? Is this something that can be replaced with a less distorted speech engine? I was using it through my phones speaker, and it was distorted to the point that I thought it was the cellphone speaker, so I plugged it into the line in jack on my car stereo, and it makes my car speakers sound like they are vibrating. I was using it in parallel with Pandora, and the music is perfect, so it's not my car stereo. Don't get me wrong, free navigation is AWESOME. Just wondering if the voice module can be fixed somehow?

Thanks in advance,
    Max
    Sounds fine for me....try restarting your phone or something. hope it works for you buddy
    Same problem updates will fix it. I am sure
    I would like to hear her voice...if only SprintNav can get a GPS fix on my current location!! I was driving today going 76mph and couldn't get directions bcuz it couldn't get my current location. So I got off of the highway in a Ormond Beach (not too bad w/ trees, etc) and still nothing. Both my wife's & my Pre couldn't get a fix. I rebooted but that didn't fix it. So we used Google Maps, & the blue locator was off, occasionally jumping from one spot to another. ***?!! Is there a satellite down or what?
    Well sometimes the app won't connect. Next time reset your phone and you should get a lock. That's another issue with the app. I am sure the update will optimize the program to work better
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    the voice on mine is terribly distorted as well. with my mom's samsung rant, it's crystal clear.

also, it's not the speaker. when running the navigation through my car stereo, the voice is terribly distorted as well. it makes it very hard to understand what she says.
    It's not too bad on mine. I did have that issue in the blackberry version.
    Yeah with my car aux its stills distorted too. That's why I say it can be fixed with an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I would like to hear her voice...if only SprintNav can get a GPS fix on my current location!! I was driving today going 76mph and couldn't get directions bcuz it couldn't get my current location. So I got off of the highway in a Ormond Beach (not too bad w/ trees, etc) and still nothing. Both my wife's & my Pre couldn't get a fix. I rebooted but that didn't fix it. So we used Google Maps, & the blue locator was off, occasionally jumping from one spot to another. ***?!! Is there a satellite down or what?
    I'm having the same problem with getting and maintaining a connection to the SprintNav Application. Was traveling all week and had too many problems with the GPS. I'm thinking a satellite must be down.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    FIXED! At least for me. I used Sprint Nav this weekend and could understand everything the nice lady said... LOL.. I think they even got a new voice.
    covered in another post but yes the voice is clear and loud