Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I've noticed there are 2 ways of answering an incoming call from a PRE.

    Option 1. (Drag icon up to answer)

    Option 2. (Click Answer Or Ignore)

    Either option 1 or option 2 will show up on incoming calls ... RANDOMLY!

    How can I set it so I can choose Option 2 for ALL my incoming calls.

    THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
  2. #2  
    It depends if the phone is locked or not. If the phone is locked (has been turned off a while), you get option 1. If it's not locked, you get option 2. Option 1 is there so you don't accidentally answer it in your pocket or whatever.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by brianpmullaney View Post
    It depends if the phone is locked or not. If the phone is locked (has been turned off a while), you get option 1. If it's not locked, you get option 2. Option 1 is there so you don't accidentally answer it in your pocket or whatever.
    Hmmm. Thanks for the clarification!

    Does anyone know if I can set it to option 2 at all times? Ill take the risk of accidentially answering it .. haha.
  4. #4  
    dont thinks so
  5. sumitk's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #5  
    One related issue I see is when the screen has been locked, you get a call, and you fumble long enough with the phone that by the time you have it out to answer the call, the screen's gone dark again (happens a lot driving with the phone in the pocket). How to answer in such a case? The logical thing to do to power back the screen, hitting the power button, has the effect of dropping the call. It's not easy to push the keyboard open with one hand while driving. Any suggestions?
  6. #6  
    In case you are not aware you can slide open the keyboard to answer a call - whether the phone is locked or not. I find that easier to use then sliding the lock icon up the screen.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by klepel View Post
    In case you are not aware you can slide open the keyboard to answer a call - whether the phone is locked or not. I find that easier to use then sliding the lock icon up the screen.
    How do I get to those settings or prefs to enable slide to answer?
  8. #8  
    There's no option to adjust--it was a software change with v1.1. Should work for you right now.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  9. #9  
    Also in case you're wondering in Option 1 you can ignore a call too. All you do is hit the power button twice and it ignores the call and sends it to voicemail. once just mutes the ringer.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    There's no option to adjust--it was a software change with v1.1. Should work for you right now.
    Is v1.1 an official update or rooting? I cannot answer a call by slideing up my phone. Hmmm. I also went to UPDATES and it says Its UpToDate.
  11. #11  
    I just usually slide the phone open. Sliders are meant to be used that way. If only I could hang up that way..
  12. nsanders's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Also in case you're wondering in Option 1 you can ignore a call too. All you do is hit the power button twice and it ignores the call and sends it to voicemail. once just mutes the ringer.
    Sweet! This is exactly what I needed to know!
    Nicky
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    I just usually slide the phone open. Sliders are meant to be used that way. If only I could hang up that way..
    ....if only there was a patch......
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    ....if only there was a patch......
    lol, I don't know if he got your sarcasam...

Posting Permissions