1.    #1  
    Hey i didn't find a introductions area so I might aswell add it to here

I've been looking for a smartphone for about a month, and then i found this site and I decided to follow it considering how many news updates there were. At the moment i'm phoneless, and considering getting the pre with bell. I was going to wait a bit longer for possibly 1.2 or something to finish the deal, but with Bestbuy reducing the price by $50 i'm already finding all my old phone accessories to sell it.

I had a Motorola Rokr E8 and possibly will never go with Rogers or Motorola ever again.

Now to the questions...

I don't want to buy another phone without knowing what I'm buying so i've noticed that you folks have many of your own tweaks towards this phone, would tweaking my phone with these patches void my warrenty? Would they cause any harm to my phone and are they necessary if I will be possibly texting about 200 texts a day, and constantly on MSN/Internet?

With accessories which would be the best to buy? I currently am on a tight budget but if there is some revolutionary accessory i would consider buying it.

Are there any canadians here with the Pre? How is your service compared to other providers? Atm I can get an amazing plan - Unlimited Data / 200 talking minutes, caller display and voice mail for $65... Is there any better plans?
    Hello , I cant answer all your questions but welcome to the forums just the same.
    I don't want to buy another phone without knowing what I'm buying so i've noticed that you folks have many of your own tweaks towards this phone, would tweaking my phone with these patches void my warrenty?

Don't know, but I figure a quick Webos Doctor will fix that concern.

Would they cause any harm to my phone and are they necessary if I will be possibly texting about 200 texts a day, and constantly on MSN/Internet?

Necessity is determined by you, really hard to judge what changes you may like or need.

With accessories which would be the best to buy? I currently am on a tight budget but if there is some revolutionary accessory i would consider buying it.

Extended battery, no question.
    If you're going to be using the phone in one place the most often (say, your office desk or at home) the touchstone is great. If you're on the move, then you'll need the extended battery.
    Last edited by iraqniphobia; 09/18/2009 at 01:08 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the responses so far.. I'm really looking at the Touchstone, (It's really neat!) but at the moment I think getting an extra battery and a case seems like a better thing to do, any more suggestions?