Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. afortiori's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #1  
    I don't know if this has already been posted but, the website PreThemer // Themes, Wallpapers and Bootlogos for the Palm Pre and WebOS has a nice selection of themes that can be downloaded using WebOSQuickInstaller.
  2. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by afortiori View Post
    I don't know if this has already been posted but, the website PreThemer // Themes, Wallpapers and Bootlogos for the Palm Pre and WebOS has a nice selection of themes that can be downloaded using WebOSQuickInstaller.
    They can also be installed and uninstalled with the latest versions of PreWare and the ipkg service.
  3. #3  
    You're a day late and a dollar short...

    but hey, at least you're not screaming it and asking unintelligible questions...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    You're a day late and a dollar short...

    but hey, at least you're not screaming it and asking unintelligible questions...
    A DAY LATE MAKES ME A DOLLAR SHORT, WHAT IF I HAVE A CAP ON THE DESK?

    LOL just tried to make an unintelligible question for ya.
  5. #5  
    This actually helped. Had no idea there's a theme hack. WHERE HAVE I BEEN?
  6. #6  
    lol same here, NEVER knew about a theme hack, so add me to the late list

    do u need to root to change the boot logo?
  7. #7  
    Also, does it slow down your phone? That's the one thing I HATED about blackberry phones. You changed the theme on it and bam, it's runs slower than a not-so-PC driven mentally challenged joke.
  8. GigaS27's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Also, does it slow down your phone? That's the one thing I HATED about blackberry phones. You changed the theme on it and bam, it's runs slower than a not-so-PC driven mentally challenged joke.
    Not if they sized the pictures the right way which seems they did. There is a revert incase you don't like it or want to get rid of it.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  9. #9  
    love the themes, currently using jumpman/jordan theme, just looks sleek with all black background and reflective icons,

    also noticed that when phone resets (esp after installed themes), launcher/applications start out sluggish but always recovers back to original speed after few minutes (opening and closing different applications one by one to facilitate the process also seems to help (although this may be just placebo
  10. #10  
    How to you revert to the oem theme?
    I downloaded Yodo just to see it then I loaded the blue theme and I still have parts.of Yoda theme on my phone. I did this with WebOS quick install.
  11. #11  
    Just uninstall them with Quick Install and boom you'll be back to OEM
  12. #12  
    thank you for the link!
  13. #13  
    i tried installing using filecoaster (since im on my phone), it says installed, but i see no changes

    u HAVE to install via the webos quick install? i would use preware but the package thing is out of date and i have to get to a computer with cable just to update it, sure wish u could update everything with preware over teh air
  14. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    i tried installing using filecoaster (since im on my phone), it says installed, but i see no changes

    u HAVE to install via the webos quick install? i would use preware but the package thing is out of date and i have to get to a computer with cable just to update it, sure wish u could update everything with preware over teh air
    Preware now allows updates to the ipkg service OTA, it requires a Java restart, but I have done it. Preware also runs the scripts to install and remove the theme. I have tried out a few different themes since theme support was added to preware and the ipkg service.
  15. #15  
    Filecoaster can't do it since scripts are involved. The only way is Quick Install and preware, so you are going to have to wait a bit...
  16. #16  
    I'm using the Marvel Comics theme and love it. Preware makes it so simple! Go Jason and Rod for quickinstall and preware. It makes my life so simple and me a happy Pre owner!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Preware now allows updates to the ipkg service OTA, it requires a Java restart, but I have done it. Preware also runs the scripts to install and remove the theme. I have tried out a few different themes since theme support was added to preware and the ipkg service.
    whats a java restart? when i run preware it says package serivce needs to b updated first
  18. Pardoe's Avatar
    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #18  
    the java restart is just going to restart your phone signal
    just go to updates and update the package service to the newest one and the theme feed will show up on the main page
  19. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    whats a java restart? when i run preware it says package serivce needs to b updated first
    WHat version of preware do you have? I am at 0.9.0 and I updated the ipkg service from a slightly older version of preware than I have now.

    As part of updating the ipkg service, preware will prompt for the java restart.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    the java restart is just going to restart your phone signal
    just go to updates and update the package service to the newest one and the theme feed will show up on the main page
    I cant get that far, says i have to update service before i can do anything with preware
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions