Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    WHat version of preware do you have? I am at 0.9.0 and I updated the ipkg service from a slightly older version of preware than I have now.

As part of updating the ipkg service, preware will prompt for the java restart.
    i have v0.8.7
    You're going to have to update using quick install on the pc...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    i have v0.8.7

Do you see the update for preware? I don't know that there is a pre-req of a specific version of ipkg service in order to run preware 0.9
    ^^ there is,says i need updated version to run with 0.9
    got the latest from file coaster
    but now getting error 9 trying to use webos installer to download packaging service

help
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    ^^ there is,says i need updated version to run with 0.9
    got the latest from file coaster
    but now getting error 9 trying to use webos installer to download packaging service

help
    You cannot use fileCoaster to install or update Preware or themes or any other advanced homebrew applications.

From Preware 0.9.0 (and Package Manager Service 0.9.0) onwards, you can use Preware to update itself (we finally worked out how to change the tyres on a moving car). Before you have both of those versions installed, you need to use WebOS Quick Install to install or update.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Do you see the update for preware? I don't know that there is a pre-req of a specific version of ipkg service in order to run preware 0.9
    Preware 0.9.0 requires Package Manager 0.9.0 or later.

It is always advisable to update the Package Manager first. Preware will be improved to do that automatically sometime before the 1.0.0 release (we need to work out how to do complex dependencies including service restarts properly).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    plug in phone in charge mode open webos quickinstaller and then on the far right third button down open it then click on gallery feed then in the drop down click on web os internals feed then check on preware and press download button,this is assuming you have already downloaded the new webos quick installer (<----- do this first)
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    you can do package manager in there to
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you can do package manager in there to
    You not only can, but you must ;-) And you should install it first in WebOS Quick Install.

-- Rod
    i worded it wrong thank you lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I'd like the ability to change css and jsjsjs $files$ $from$ $the$ $pre$. $Not$ $sure$ $if$ $its$ $even$ $possible$, $but$ $it$ $seems$ $like$ $if$ $a$ $terminal$ $app$ $is$ $possible$, $and$ $you$ $can$ $change$ $them$ $from$ $the$ $terminal$, $there$ $must$ $be$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $backup$ $the$ $original$, $replace$ $it$ $with$ $pre$ $made$ $files$ $and$ $then$ $undue$ $the$ $changes$ $when$ $required$ $all$ $from$ $a$ $nice$ $looking$ $app$ $interface$...... $I$ $guess$ $this$ $is$ $kinda$ $the$ $wrong$ $place$, $but$ $hey$ $change$ $your$ $theme$ $and$ $carrier$ $string$ $now$?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12