Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Guys

Just read that there is a 50% rate return for the BlackBerry Tour 9630 model, not even the Pre had those kind of return numbers. And I came from the BB world, so the first release of the Pre is not as bad as people are making it out to be, say thanks that you are not a Tour owner. And BB is out for much longer time then the Pre but guess RIM made few mistakes with the new Tour. So before you gripe about the Pre just look over at the BB owner and say thank god i have a Pre.

P.S
    And we have Jon Rubinstein to lead the way.

And if you think i am joking just read:

http://www.macworld.com/article/1428...erry_tour.html
    Link broken
    It's macworld aren't they going to say bad stuff about any other phone company but theirs?
    "not even the Pre had those kind of return numbers" is implying the Pre had large return numbers, a misnomer as posted in one of the articles on this site.

It has a very low-normal return rate.

I can't imagine there is an electronic reason for the Tour return rate through, it'd be one large mishap with 50% return, I mean normal electric malfunction rates are 8-14%, leaving out the 360 which is about 33%....
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    "not even the Pre had those kind of return numbers" is implying the Pre had large return numbers, a misnomer as posted in one of the articles on this site.

It has a very low-normal return rate.

I can't imagine there is an electronic reason for the Tour return rate through, it'd be one large mishap with 50% return, I mean normal electric malfunction rates are 8-14%, leaving out the 360 which is about 33%....
    That's why I take this with a grain of salt. Remember when similar "news" agencies were reporting a 50% return rate on the Pre because of one poll on this site? That one being CNN. Of course it was all proven to be untrue, oh how soon do we forget.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Like with any new product, there are going to be some issues. In my books, Pre is doing really well. Yes, this is my 4th phone, but I'm verry happy with it as hardware. Plus, WebOS offers an awesome mobile experience.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Interesting and I'm presently working with a client who has major problems with BB.

What blows my mind...Blackberry phones suck or at least my clients BB phone is showing its age. I've heard people talk about BB as if it was the best things since sliced bread...have any of these people actually looked at something new like the Palm Pre or Pixie or iPhone for that matter. Yikes I'm glad I have a Palm Pre.

Either way, here's the link that worked for...

Analyst: 50 percent return rate for BlackBerry Tour | Phones | iPhone Central | Macworld
  8.    #8  
  9.    #9  
    most problems are with the trackball, i had some problems with my old curve 8330 trackball and so did my wife, son and my daughter had t ochange trackballs for all of them.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I dont know who says its BAD, I have seen some specific complaints about certain things. I am VERY pleased with my Pre.
    Video - CNBC.com

They also mention it here too. They used a new source for the trackballs... didnt work out

At least it says that they are correcting the issue.
  12.    #12  
    BB had the trackball issues ever since they came out with it, we all know there are people out there that complain about the Pre and they tend to forget that the Pre is kind of a beta phone, I am not people complain here but there are other forums that people are trying to rip the Pre. Every phone out there has its problems some more some less but all have problems, no perfect phone not even the iphone or BB.
    There's a reason they call it "crackberry". There's some people you couldn't pry one out of their cold dead hands. The only thing I miss about my BB is BBM. I loved that feature and made a lot of friends that way.
    The Pre rocks!! Sure, there are a number of things that irk me, but I'm sure Palm will address those issues in the next few updates (hopefully in 1.2).

Come on now...the mobile experience on the Pre is unprecedented!! I expect all the other players to follow suit in some way or another.

Multitasking
    Synergy
    Kick *** alert notifications
    Multitasking
    Keyboard
    Fast accelerometer (proven to be faster than the iphone)
    And multitasking!
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
  15.    #15  
    Yeh me to, i hope palm can do something like that, make like a Pre-Chat, cause every pre has a serial # and we can use that # or someone can make app that takes a the serial # and transforms it to another 9 digit # something like the PIN # that RIM uses, and that way we can have direct chat pre to pre, that is a cool app. hope someone here hears me and makes one.
    I have to say when I first go the Pre I was really excited, however within the next couple of weeks, I was sorely sad as the features on my existing Centro/Treo 650 had more features than the Pre. So the switch was a bit of a let down. Now that I have had the phone more than 30 days, and have really started to understand how applications are written for the Pre (SDK, API's), I have a good feeling that the Pre can be a really solid and powerful platform once the developers start getting more and more apps written as well as improving on their features on their existing applications. I am hoping that there is a strong development community which is leveraging each other's reusable and freely distributed code base for faster development as well as reduction of bugs possibilities. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I can envision that the WebOS can actually be a good platform for tablet systems too. So much of the synergy stuff is missing on the traditional desktop OS'es. There is another future for WebOS! and Palm. Keep up the good work developers. Show your friends how cool and well the Pre works and that will continue to grow the palm user base!
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Yeh me to, i hope palm can do something like that, make like a Pre-Chat, cause every pre has a serial # and we can use that # or someone can make app that takes a the serial # and transforms it to another 9 digit # something like the PIN # that RIM uses, and that way we can have direct chat pre to pre, that is a cool app. hope someone here hears me and makes one.
    Why wouldn't you just use the email address that you logged into your Palm Profile with instead?
    My dad has a BB Tour and really likes it. For anyone that is a BB fan, what is wrong with the Tour?
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    What exactly is wrong with text messaging so that you can message ANYONE instead of only being able to message a limited number of people?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    lol did anyone actually read that article about the bb? Basically, some industry 'analyst' is reporting this date. Not sprint, not verizion, not blackberry. All 3 are denying it. The analyst is using his 'sources'. This is very very reminiscent of what people said about the pre early on- there were posts with 'oh my gosh i'm on my 4th pre this suck' and these posts are being taken as representative rather than just more isolated problems. I'd bet that the truth is that most of the devices are fine- there are some early models with trouble, and then there are some super-picky new adapters who are changing the phone out 3-4 times.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast