Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Every friggin week...no games....'games suk' or 'too many games' 'not a business phone'...
    they are all true.
    First off. That was in response to a few other post of simple one line whiners.

Now, its one thing if it comes up once in a while but, realistically; every time an app or update comes out we see three or four of these threads. I will admit, later on this became a discussion in the thread.... But. That all changed with your message for sure.

Discussing this in person? Oh. A tough guy, eh? Please. I will PM you a link to almost 40 threads with the same discussion. Some mature, some not. However my rant happened to be on a bad day, I was having, and I was sick of it. The OP knew he was going to get flamed.

Now. Just for your info.... Swing on by my facebook. Open invite. I'll add ya as a friend. I usually don't flame people like that but I already explained that. John Stephens - Fort Lauderdale, FL | Facebook

I actually am one of those types who would say what I typed. At 6'1 235 lbs I do tend to speak out of line. (with out worries) maybe I was out of line with my flame but you were way off base. My apologies if I hurt your feelings so much. Well... Not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    they are all true.
    ++++++1111111 thank you. This phone is NOT smart. Period.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Twitter is crap.
    First off. That was in response to a few other post of simple one line whiners.

Now, its one thing if it comes up once in a while but, realistically; every time an app or update comes out we see three or four of these threads. I will admit, later on this became a discussion in the thread.... But. That all changed with your message for sure.

Discussing this in person? Oh. A tough guy, eh? Please. I will PM you a link to almost 40 threads with the same discussion. Some mature, some not. However my rant happened to be on a bad day, I was having, and I was sick of it. The OP knew he was going to get flamed.

Now. Just for your info.... Swing on by my facebook. Open invite. I'll add ya as a friend. I usually don't flame people like that but I already explained that. [url= Stephens - Fort Lauderdale, FL | Facebook[/url]

I actually am one of those types who would say what I typed. At 6'1 235 lbs I do tend to speak out of line. (with out worries) maybe I was out of line with my flame but you were way off base. My apologies if I hurt your feelings so much. Well... Not really.
    If ur talking about me, i'm whining because i mind paying hundreds of dollars for a dumbphone. Maybe it doesn't bother you. Like i've said over and over, all over the place... we shouldn't have to develop our own programs or depend on homebrew if Palm is making the money off this phone. I never had to go through crap like that for any other phone, including the dumb old ones that came out of the box with useful features. This is like selling somebody a luxury car without a steering wheel, windows or even a transmission - and then telling them to be a car part manufacturer and also a mechanic if they're not happy with it.. oh, and btw, they are whiners too.
    Do u see the kind of thinking ur doing now?
    And, my answers to u were short because i have things to do. Sorry if that bothered you too. I don't know what i was thinking.
    If ur post wasn't directed at me, then disregard everything u just read. (Except, of course, for the complaints about the Pre.) Thanx.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 09/20/2009 at 02:21 AM.
    Wasn't you dbd.
    Wasn't you dbd.
    Oh .. nevermind then.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    So wait...you come on here, monitor a post and then complain about this thread? I don't get it. We all have our own opinions and I hate how how post turns into "This has already been discussed before, please go away or I'm going to monitor all of your thread and then flame you for it". I'm going to be blunt but people like you suck. I'm voicing an opinion and I think everyone on here would appreciate that if you have no interest in contributing, then don't respond to this thread and waste our time. I'm pretty sure if we were all discussing this in person, you would not say what you just typed. Treat people on here they way you would prefer to be treated in person. I think a lot of people tend to forget that when hidden behind a computer monitor.
    +1 Thank you for this post we all should be able to talk about dissapointments on the phone especially when it came to apps without being flamed for it
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    +1 Thank you for this post we all should be able to talk about dissapointments on the phone especially when it came to apps without being flamed for it
    ++++++!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    If ur talking about me, i'm whining because i mind paying hundreds of dollars for a dumphone. Maybe it doesn't bother you. Like i've said over and over, all over the place... we shouldn't have to develop our own programs or depend on homebrew if Palm is making the money off this phone. I never had to go through crap like that for any other phone, including the dumb old ones that came out of the box with useful features. This is like selling somebody a luxury car without a steering wheel, windows or even a transmission - and then telling them to be a car part manufacturer and also a mechanic if they're not happy with it.. oh, and btw, they are whiners too.
    Do u see the kind of thinking ur doing now?
    And, my answers to u were short because i have things to do. Sorry if that bothered you too. I don't know what i was thinking.
    If ur post wasn't directed at me, then disregard everything u just read. (Except, of course, for the complaints about the Pre.) Thanx.
    Who should have to develop your programs for you? When you buy an iPhone, you don't get a million bajillion apps preinstalled on it, you have to go on the App Store and download or buy every bit of extra functionality that you want that isn't included in the basic phone. Do you think Apple developers wrote all that code? No, tens of thousands of iPhone owners downloaded the SDK from Apple and wrote the applications they wanted for their phones or thought would be useful to other users, and then submitted them to Apple to give away or sell.

When the iPhone first came out, there WEREN'T any apps for it. It was a YEAR before any even became available. Hell, BlackBerry has been out for almost 10 years and AppWorld finally showed up a few months ago. Granted, there have been other ways to install BB apps, but they're kind of a pain in the ***, and only BB power-users have bothered with them. The average RIM customer has dealt with strictly OEM functionality for years. (granted, OEM functionality on a Berry is pretty well-developed so this isn't exactly a terrible experience for the average RIM user)

If you have a great idea for a Pre App, the dev kit is right here. If you don't want to write software, or don't know how, that's fine, but don't complain because you got a first generation product before there was any apps for it. That's like buying a new model game console the day it comes out and only THEN looking at the game catalog and realizing there's nothing on it that you want to play. Either buckle down and help out, or wait for the people who are working on it to do what they're doing. I mean, seriously, I've seen at least 30 apps new apps show up between the official catalog and homebrew since I bought my phone last Tuesday. Sure a lot of those have been useless stuff (for me), but not all of them, and little by little my own install screen is filling up with the functions I want and need. I fully expect when the for-pay catalog opens up next week this situation will get even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    Disappointed in the apps released? Great.

Do I want to hear about it? Sure, why not.

Do I want to hear about it everytime apps are released in ten different threads? Not really.

As DBD was saying earlier, but didnt agree with his terminology... I bought my car. [PRE] (had windshield, transmission and all that though) but, I don't like my aftermarket parts available. [Homebrew & App Cat.] Everytime a new part comes out for my new car, should I go on thier Dodge's forums [PreCentral] and post another thread [Forums] about it.

Well. Here you go. Dodge [Sprint] has a return policy. You could probably put your car [Pre] in the classifieds. [Craigslist/Ebay/Precentral FS/FT Forum] Maybe someone shouldve bought a Ferrari.[IPhone] (and saved a couple hundred bucks on a dumb phone...)

Oh, and I used Dodge .... cause I own one.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    a Ferrari.[IPhone]
    Part of me just died inside.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by StormD View Post
    Who should have to develop your programs for you? When you buy an iPhone, you don't get a million bajillion apps preinstalled on it, you have to go on the App Store and download or buy every bit of extra functionality that you want that isn't included in the basic phone. Do you think Apple developers wrote all that code? No, tens of thousands of iPhone owners downloaded the SDK from Apple and wrote the applications they wanted for their phones or thought would be useful to other users, and then submitted them to Apple to give away or sell.

When the iPhone first came out, there WEREN'T any apps for it. It was a YEAR before any even became available. Hell, BlackBerry has been out for almost 10 years and AppWorld finally showed up a few months ago. Granted, there have been other ways to install BB apps, but they're kind of a pain in the ***, and only BB power-users have bothered with them. The average RIM customer has dealt with strictly OEM functionality for years. (granted, OEM functionality on a Berry is pretty well-developed so this isn't exactly a terrible experience for the average RIM user)

If you have a great idea for a Pre App, the dev kit is right here. If you don't want to write software, or don't know how, that's fine, but don't complain because you got a first generation product before there was any apps for it. That's like buying a new model game console the day it comes out and only THEN looking at the game catalog and realizing there's nothing on it that you want to play. Either buckle down and help out, or wait for the people who are working on it to do what they're doing. I mean, seriously, I've seen at least 30 apps new apps show up between the official catalog and homebrew since I bought my phone last Tuesday. Sure a lot of those have been useless stuff (for me), but not all of them, and little by little my own install screen is filling up with the functions I want and need. I fully expect when the for-pay catalog opens up next week this situation will get even better.
    You state a few substantial points but the realization is this: iPhone changed the game. Yea, it took them a year before getting apps out and I hear this time and time again so should that be an excuse for all phones that come out in the future? I think at this point, it's expected that consumers get the option to log onto an app store from their phone and have the ability to download apps that fit their lifestyles. Considering how fast technology and gadgets cycle through, I feel that it's imperative that whatever previous products have set in regards to standards (for this example, the iPhone with the app store), future products should have something comparable. I'm not saying that the Palm Pre should have come with an app store with thousands of apps, but I think the timing with letting developers download the development kit, etc took too long. We had such a dry spell that article after article, the media slammed Palm for only having 30 apps available. Now finally we're getting the apps, which is great, but I do hope that Palm sticks to it's original claim that it's all about "quality" and not "quantity". I mean, lets be realistic here - it's VERY important for current Palm Centro and Treo users to WANT to eventually transition over the Palm Pre. They would also ideally like to have business users to transition over to the Palm Pre as well. I am pretty sure that the Centro, Treo, and current business phone users would like to see the apps and functionalities that set the "foundation" for a phone. When I say this, I mean apps like the calendar, to-do list, email app is great. That's part of the "foundation". But what about simple functionalities such as text forwarding, sound customization, etc. I have yet to find out why Palm decided to leave so many simple functions out of the Pre during launch. It seems like they pulled an Apple.

And in regards to the idea that we should all "help" and pitch in - this I agree, but at the same time, I for one do not have the time or knowledge to do any type of programming. I have a car and I have a lot of issues with it, but I'm not going to build parts for my car in my garage. I think forums like there - a place like this to complain, vent, suggest, praise, etc etc is a great way to get ideas and improvements out there. I may be your average user, without a computer science degree, no programming knowledge but I do hope that my opinions (as well as others) will be read by the same people that develop apps. If it wasnt for the general public, I highly doubt a lot of the apps out there - for whatever phones that exist, would be what they are. That's why there's updates and I'm sure the same programmer that created the same apps doesn't just come up with ways to improve an app all by him/herself.
    Last edited by chiliu78; 09/20/2009 at 02:37 AM.
    Part of me just died inside.

I knew someone would be laughing with me... or at me.

If you have a great idea for a Pre App, the dev kit is [url= here[/url]. If you don't want to write software, or don't know how, that's fine, but don't complain because you got a first generation product before there was any apps for it. That's like buying a new model game console the day it comes out and only THEN looking at the game catalog and realizing there's nothing on it that you want to play. Either buckle down and help out, or wait for the people who are working on it to do what they're doing. I mean, seriously, I've seen at least 30 apps new apps show up between the official catalog and homebrew since I bought my phone last Tuesday. Sure a lot of those have been useless stuff (for me), but not all of them, and little by little my own install screen is filling up with the functions I want and need. I fully expect when the for-pay catalog opens up next week this situation will get even better.
    Yes, the for-pay catalog will probably improve things but my point is there is so much BASIC functionality missing from this phone.. it's really unbelievable. Not to mention the poor quality of the slider. The twist is seriously getting to me now. This phone did not cost $20.
    I don't mean to b complaining to you, I just get so angry about this phone sometimes.
    Well. I see more threads & type offs about crappy apps. There should be more about APP IDEAs or SUGGESTIONs. I believe there is a forum for it. I believe there is a forum for COMPLAINTS about the PRE. (not one dedicated to bad apps) Our Homebrew community is pretty advanced or computer science graduates who probably would be willing to help you out or appreciate your feedback. When you go calling other peoples IP CRAP, or whatever they were saying previously, thats pretty insulting. (to the developers) More than my FLAMING about repeatitive complaints, albeit, some legitimate.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Yes, the for-pay catalog will probably improve things but my point is there is so much BASIC functionality missing from this phone.. it's really unbelievable. Not to mention the poor quality of the slider. The twist is seriously getting to me now. This phone did not cost $20.
    I don't mean to b complaining to you, I just get so angry about this phone sometimes.
    There's so many things in this world worth getting angry over, don't stress over a phone. If you want something, and it's not there, don't yell...how about just ask?

Explain what it is you want, why you want it, and how you'd use it?

Is there a Pre/WebOS wish-list thread? Also an App wish-list thread?

Because there really should be. Such things would be gold mines for Palm/app developers to dig for ideas.
  18.    #78  
    Well. I see more threads & type offs about crappy apps. There should be more about APP IDEAs or SUGGESTIONs. I believe there is a forum for it. I believe there is a forum for COMPLAINTS about the PRE. (not one dedicated to bad apps) Our Homebrew community is pretty advanced or computer science graduates who probably would be willing to help you out or appreciate your feedback. When you go calling other peoples IP CRAP, or whatever they were saying previously, thats pretty insulting. (to the developers) More than my FLAMING about repeatitive complaints, albeit, some legitimate.
    There's various ways of getting feedback and realistically, complaints usually get the most attention. Some people communicate it in negative ways and some will pour it out more on the positive reinforcement level, but again, they are usually all taken into account.

If you every look at product studies and a company does benchmarking against other similar products, they don't say "How do we improve on this?". They USE to ask this question but most companies now realize that instead of asking that, they instead ask "What do we do NOT like about this product?" That simple question triggers very passionate responses and they usually come out as complaints but realistically, more "real-world" situational improvements/suggestions do come out of asking the secondary questions rather than the first.
    We never said homebrew is crap. We said; the fact that we have to depend on it is crap. There's a difference.
    There's so many things in this world worth getting angry over, don't stress over a phone. If you want something, and it's not there, don't yell...how about just ask?

Explain what it is you want, why you want it, and how you'd use it?

Is there a Pre/WebOS wish-list thread? Also an App wish-list thread?

Because there really should be. Such things would be gold mines for Palm/app developers to dig for ideas.
    Ur right. There's alot more going on in the world to b upset about, i agree w/you. And yes, there are wish list threads.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast