Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Be patient... six more days (you know with iPhone getting MMS on the 25th, palms gotta do something the day before )

Palm's App Catalog getting paid apps on September 24?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Be patient... six more days (you know with iPhone getting MMS on the 25th, palms gotta do something the day before )

Palm's App Catalog getting paid apps on September 24?
    JUST read this. Seems like if you already have an app in the app store and you try to submit it as a paid app, it WILL GET REJECTED. So with that rule in mind, hopefully that means developers have been holding out.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by brianpmullaney View Post
    So you're pissed that there are apps that duplicate functionality, but you want 40 friggin twitter apps? It's twitter. It's a site built around posting 140 character, useless messages. How much functionality do you need?

Does the "Show When Locked" notifications preference not work? I'm not being a smartass as I've never tried it, but it seems like that would fix your problem, right?
    Okay...bad example. I mean that if Palm was willing to say that they have so many Twitter apps in the pipeline, how come there's only 2 so far?

No...that option does not work. The screen still lights up but without the notifications. If you leave the notifications on, the screen lights up AND the notiications show. They have to fix that. The screen started lighting up after the 1.1 upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    I find it weird people are saying the reason the apps we have are watered down because there free.
    i think we are trying to rationalize the current situation and it seems a rational explanation. As is this is all the apps they are and they just aren't stellar yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Discussions like this always interest me because what "you" (in general, not specifically) want and think is a priority is different from what others want.
    agree. me i want my media player app to equal the iphone music player in every way. I don't care in the slightest that i can't pick 15 different notification sounds, or that i can't record low quality video on my phone. Sadly from my perspective. The stuff that i find top of my list don't look like they are going to get fixed. I don't hear a ton of people complaining. and even with the music player though i've heard some complaining i don't hear Palm making any effort to fix it or bring it close to the level of music player remix. which is good but at this exact moment lacks a few details i like. plus you can't expect one guy in his spare time to make the perfect music player. danplc probably should get a medal for what he's done already.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i think we are trying to rationalize the current situation and it seems a rational explanation. As is this is all the apps they are and they just aren't stellar yet.
    I'm sure there will be more apps come the holidays since the Pixi is coming out and how they are geared towards the "fashionable".

Heard the one app they are coming out with is called "The Model Diet". Goes something like this:

Monday: Apple, Cigarettes, 1 cup of water
    Tuesday: Same
    Wednesday: Same
    Thursday: Same
    Friday: Same
    Saturday: Same
    Sunday: Let loose. Have a tic tac.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    I'm sure there will be more apps come the holidays since the Pixi is coming out and how they are geared towards the "fashionable".

Heard the one app they are coming out with is called "The Model Diet". Goes something like this:

Monday: Apple, Cigarettes, 1 cup of water
    Tuesday: Same
    Wednesday: Same
    Thursday: Same
    Friday: Same
    Saturday: Same
    Sunday: Let loose. Have a tic tac.
    not instilling me with a lot of confidence

Hopefully with yesterday's earnings call and Palm's ability to beat analyts predictions by having a higher than expected sales figures (analysts lowered expectations and Palm beat them by at least 200K units sold) will boost programmers into developing apps for the Pre
    don't know. palm guided lower for next quarter and the stock was down on the earnings news and it's down 4.5% today. So at least today it's not looking like yesterday's call had a positive effect on Palm's outlook.

as a matter of fact i think opening the app catalog, will be the biggest thing to spur better apps.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I agree with the OP in that too much apps in the catolog are too basic or similiar in which there only needs to be one to two apps. I have to believe all of this is happening because of a rushed product to meet with the new Iphone.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    DrPodder is the must-have app on the pre for me right now.
    -mark
    No...that option does not work. The screen still lights up but without the notifications. If you leave the notifications on, the screen lights up AND the notiications show. They have to fix that. The screen started lighting up after the 1.1 upgrade.
    Hopefully that gets fix when they implement the center led as notification. Lack of an notification led is a fairly large oversight.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    not instilling me with a lot of confidence

don't know. palm guided lower for next quarter and the stock was down on the earnings news and it's down 4.5% today. So at least today it's not looking like yesterday's call had a positive effect on Palm's outlook.

as a matter of fact i think opening the app catalog, will be the biggest thing to spur better apps.
    Buy on rumor and sell on news, some things never change. And trust me, if we pay, they will come...(app's that is)
    I don't want to oversell it...

But this is a great thread with tons of opinions and responses and thought. Exactly why I come here daily.

I've been disappointed with the lack of real discussion here and inexcusable name-calling.

I really love hearing people's opinions about this awesome phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I don't want to oversell it...

But this is a great thread with tons of opinions and responses and thought. Exactly why I come here daily.

I've been disappointed with the lack of real discussion here and inexcusable name-calling.

I really love hearing people's opinions about this awesome phone.
    What the hell are you talking about. Did you purposely contradict urself?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    What the hell are you talking about. Did you purposely contradict urself?
    No.

Maybe clarification is required.

I like this thread.

I've been disappointed with the a lot of the other posts in the forum.

ok
    I see a way to be notified about activity in a thread. Is there a way to make the thread go away?

Every friggin week this thread comes up. Last month some were complaining about no games. bnow its 'games suk' or 'too many games' 'not a business phone' yadayadayada... Say what you want, but I'm going call it like I see it.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Spare me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I see a way to be notified about activity in a thread. Is there a way to make the thread go away?

Every friggin week this thread comes up. Last month some were complaining about no games. bnow its 'games suk' or 'too many games' 'not a business phone' yadayadayada... Say what you want, but I'm going call it like I see it.

Spare me.
    ur name says it all
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    ur name says it all

Wow.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post

Spare me.
    So wait...you come on here, monitor a post and then complain about this thread? I don't get it. We all have our own opinions and I hate how how post turns into "This has already been discussed before, please go away or I'm going to monitor all of your thread and then flame you for it". I'm going to be blunt but people like you suck. I'm voicing an opinion and I think everyone on here would appreciate that if you have no interest in contributing, then don't respond to this thread and waste our time. I'm pretty sure if we were all discussing this in person, you would not say what you just typed. Treat people on here they way you would prefer to be treated in person. I think a lot of people tend to forget that when hidden behind a computer monitor.
    So wait...you come on here, monitor a post and then complain about this thread? I don't get it. We all have our own opinions and I hate how how post turns into "This has already been discussed before, please go away or I'm going to monitor all of your thread and then flame you for it". I'm going to be blunt but people like you suck. I'm voicing an opinion and I think everyone on here would appreciate that if you have no interest in contributing, then don't respond to this thread and waste our time. I'm pretty sure if we were all discussing this in person, you would not say what you just typed. Treat people on here they way you would prefer to be treated in person. I think a lot of people tend to forget that when hidden behind a computer monitor.
    +++++11111111 Thank you.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast