Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Hey guys This is my 2nd day using the pre and i notice after i'm doing somethings on it moving around apps, txting, and the net when i slide it close or open it, it resets..anyone have this issuse...it reminds me of when i had my motorola sidekick slide i guess moto made the battery bay to big that when u close it or slide it open it would reset..please let me know thanks in advance
    If its slider related I would take it back and swap it for another unit. Sounds like a hardware issue some people had. At least with this phone after you get the new one and you log into your palm profile all your settings and apps will be put back on. A lot less headache than other phones.
    This is a very common and very well documented problem, and you're exaclty right about the battery compartment being too big.

A lot of the refurbished Pres are coming out with a little block of foam between the end of the battery and the side of the compartment to hold it tight against the contacts.

My pre had the same issue, and I fixed it by folding up the thickest wedge of paper I could fit in the gap and leaving it there. I could have taken it back for a replacement, but everything else on the phone was perfect, including my slider, so I figured it was better to fix it myself, especially since it isn't the sort of fix that could void a warranty.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ohh wow that sucks i figure that...my buddy has one, matter of fact he talk me into pickin one up and he has not had this issue...i'm going to have to call sprint since its a well documented issue...they should not have a problem..thanks guys
    If the loose battery is your only issue, you should seriously consider a piece of folded paper, or even your own piece of foam.

If you send it back, you could get one with a nice tight battery, but bad oreo, a dodgie camera, or a host of other problems. It's such a simple fix, I can't imagine going through the trouble of returning it.
    You might also just ask Sprint to try a new battery. Seems there are some minor differences in some of them. This fixed my wife's phone ... no foam/paper necessary.
    I had this exact same problem with a replacement Pre. I took it to Sprint and they were clueless. So I called Assurion to return the piece. They sent me to their technical support and the guy fixed it over the phone. He basically had me do a hard reset. He said it was a software issue that usually corrects itself with a hard reset. It worked for me. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieDFW View Post
    I had this exact same problem with a replacement Pre. I took it to Sprint and they were clueless. So I called Assurion to return the piece. They sent me to their technical support and the guy fixed it over the phone. He basically had me do a hard reset. He said it was a software issue that usually corrects itself with a hard reset. It worked for me. Good luck.
    ohh is that so...do u remember the steps so i could give it a shot before i do the padding or deal with sprint...thanks