Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    And this coming from a guy who said not to bother thinking about investing in Palm until they show a sufficient app catalog.

I get this much without a subscription:

Thumbs Up for Palm

By Jim Cramer

About this article:
    The smoke coming off this Palm quarter is incredible. I thought that if it did 600,000 Pre units, that would be a lot. I know that Apple's kicking **** and taking names, but this performance, considering that Palm's tied in with the weakest carrier -- Sprint -- tells me that even I, the biggest smartphone bull on the Street, am too conservative. I would be in there buying on the secondary, betting that this company's early in a competition that has room for several players, simply because the big dogs like Nokia were so taken by surprise. Is this my favorite dog in the hunt? No, even up here it is Apple. But with this quarter, I think Palm will be uttered in the same sentence as Research in Motion . And so the deal should be bought and the stock circled tomorrow.
    http://secure2.thestreet.com/cap/log...F10600223.html
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Given his track record, I'd consider his article the kiss of death for Palm
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Wasn't he the guy who said Bear Stearns was Smokin before the financial collapse.
    They plan on diluting the stock quite a bit. I wonder if he took that into consideration in the full article. Or maybe he thinks the aftermarket tanking the stock took is as far as it will go.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftomnimega View Post
    They plan on diluting the stock quite a bit. I wonder if he took that into consideration in the full article. Or maybe he thinks the aftermarket tanking the stock took is as far as it will go.
    If you look at what I quoted, he is indeed taking that into consideration. That's what is meant when he says "I would be in there buying on the secondary." The secondary is referring to the secondary offering of stock.

Remember, he was luke-warm on Palm after it hit about $14/share.

I think he has a point on the secondary, too, in relation to all the other stocks that have made secondaries in the last quarter very successfully, most over bought at offering and running up further.

In my mind, the only potential risks right here is the huge run up in stocks in general. I think we might be in for a pull-back before another mid/late Oct. run up into a Santa rally. For Palm, specifically, the official app store launch poses another good up catalyst along with announcing of time lines for the European release and the Pixi release. I'd be buying Palm again (outside of my IRA which has remained long Palm) as a trade if it hits the 12's again.
    Yahoo Finance after hours has palm down -2.98% (-0.43).... Cramer's shows/ideas are a joke.

Edit: With that said, much of the market was down today as well...

Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    In my mind, the only potential risks right here is the huge run up in stocks in general. I think we might be in for a pull-back before another mid/late Oct. run up into a Santa rally. For Palm, specifically, the official app store launch poses another good up catalyst along with announcing of time lines for the European release and the Pixi release. I'd be buying Palm again (outside of my IRA which has remained long Palm) as a trade if it hits the 12's again.
    +1
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    If you look at what I quoted, he is indeed taking that into consideration. That's what is meant when he says "I would be in there buying on the secondary." The secondary is referring to the secondary offering of stock.
    It's hilarious how your comprehension of something changes when you miss a single word. Thanks for the look.

It's been more than a year since I've dipped my toe in the market. Once I shake out the jitters I'll give Palm and RIM (for comparison purposes) closer looks.
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Jim Cramer.

LOL
    Jim Cramer is a fraud and a hack.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    This is what's wrong with the media and the media consumer. Most people think Cramer is an ***** and dismiss everything he says. But he comes out praising a product you like and now he's made "news" that should be spread across the Internet.