1.    #1  
    I need phone numbers of anyone that had the screen on the Pre crack just by charging or putting it in your pocket. Please PM me with the phone number. I had mine crack today and i went through a lot to get it replaced and Palm stated they are aware of the issue but Sprint is not. Lets make them aware of it but i need a list of people with the issue to do so. PM me and Ill explain why is so important to collect the actual phone number. This is not a scam please this is critical to get this resolved ASAP and make Sprint aware of the issue at hand.

PM me!!!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    I did have the problem, Palm swapped it out.

More info is needed though...class action?
  3.    #3  
    I have to send a list to Sprint with people with the issue.

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    How will a list of phone numbers resolve the screen cracking problem?
  5.    #5  
    It will make sure Sprint acknowledges the fact is an issue and they will mark it as a "known" issue and then we don't have to hassle so much to get them replaced.

Oklahoma Sooner theme

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    forgetting the pre how many people have issues with broken screens on their PDA's phones etc, a lot, thats why its not covered under any warranty.

Somewhat a waste of time
    I think this thread would have been better utilized if you had found someone within Sprint/Palm to handle these matters directly that people could email personally...
    Last edited by scrupul0us; 09/18/2009 at 07:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Discuss with Palm and negotiate how they can give Sprint the necessary material so that their system is aware of the problem.
  9.    #9  
    I am that person. i work for Sprint Advanced tech support and just need a list of phone numbers of people with the same issue so I can prove is a real issue and should be added to our systems as a "known" device issue.

Oklahoma Sooner theme

Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I am that person. i work for Sprint Advanced tech support and just need a list of phone numbers of people with the same issue so I can prove is a real issue and should be added to our systems as a "known" device issue.
    I am sure Sprint must get a list from their insurance company as to why phones were returned and also a list from stores as to why phones were returned. They should already have this information.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

11.    #11  
    The Asurion department is treating this as user damage/physical damage. I am just trying to speed up the process. The stores are treating this the same way so according to US in advanced tech support if the screen is cracked then is user fault. It happened to me as well so I know is not user negligence so im trying to make this easier to all other customers since I had to go through asurion to get mine replaced as well.

Oklahoma Sooner theme

So you want people's phone numbers even if they've already gotten the replacement? You don't necessarily need people to have the problem unresolved right now, correct?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    So you want people's phone numbers even if they've already gotten the replacement? You don't necessarily need people to have the problem unresolved right now, correct?
    You got it. I just need a list of people to show how often this happens and to how many people. Wouldn't it be so much easier if Sprint would do the replacement and not Asurion or PALM?

Oklahoma Sooner theme

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    You got it. I just need a list of people to show how often this happens and to how many people. Wouldn't it be so much easier if Sprint would do the replacement and not Asurion or PALM?
    I don't doubt that your intentions are honorable but truth is coming to a public forum and asking for personal info is highly sceptical. If you truly work for sprint then approach your manager or the regional manager as to proper protocol to assist customers with this issue. Thanks anyway
    Oh there are a lot of do-gooders like this guy in tech support that are stuck following policy that screws the owners but feel they have a duty to help when they can.

I use to work in tech support with some big accounts like IBM and Compaq and all those and know the drill. Also seen a lot of techs tryint to help the people by posting anon on support forums and lose their jobs over it because somewhere there is a tiny room where they do monitor forums to find these do-gooders and exterminate them.

Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I don't doubt that your intentions are honorable but truth is coming to a public forum and asking for personal info is highly sceptical. If you truly work for sprint then approach your manager or the regional manager as to proper protocol to assist customers with this issue. Thanks anyway
  16.    #16  
    well it seems like nobody wants the help so lets just close this thread..

Moderators can you please close this thread for me????

Thanks

Oklahoma Sooner theme

well it seems like nobody wants the help so lets just close this thread..

Moderators can you please close this thread for me????

Thanks
    Per your request. I think you were trying to help bring issues up. Maybe you could get Sprint to get more detailed list from insurance companies and Palm.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's