1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

I just recently got a replacement phone from Palm for another issue. My new (refurb.) phone appears to be in great shape, but I have noticed that the earpiece sounds muffled and seems to distort. This is really annoying, especially since I just got my new invisible shield installed for the second time.

So far I have the volume up all the way and pressed against my ear and it is still not nearly as loud as I feel the highest setting should be. I can barley hear anyone while driving in the car.

Anything else that I can do other than call Palm?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is related, but my Palm Pre's earpiece stopped working today. I can only use the phone with speaker on otherwise I can't hear a dial tone or any voices on the other end.
  3.    #3  
    Does anyone know if I can go straight to Sprint to get this second phone swapped out? I believe I have a refurbished phone from Palm. Can Spring help me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrischris View Post
    Does anyone know if I can go straight to Sprint to get this second phone swapped out? I believe I have a refurbished phone from Palm. Can Spring help me out?
    Yes, Sprint will swap it out, but they will do it like a phone swap, i.e. they will mail you a replacement phone and you'll have to mail back the defective phone. Check the Sprint website under "In Store Service".
    Specifically, the fine print on the bottom that says that Sprint provides the following at no charge...
    It's basically mirroring Palm's Limited Manufacturer Warranty. Hope this helps.
    I know when I installed my bodyguardz shield on mine some of the spray must of got in the earpiece and I couldn't hear a thing for a few hours