Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    im in desperate need of a google voice for my pre. Anyone willing to share theres if they have one?? message me if u wanna kno why i need and can help me
    Quote Originally Posted by jongo View Post
    im in desperate need of a google voice for my pre. Anyone willing to share theres if they have one?? message me if u wanna kno why i need and can help me
    If nobody gets one for you, the quickest way to get one is buy it off ebay. There are a bunch of guys selling them on there for around $1-2
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    If nobody gets one for you, the quickest way to get one is buy it off ebay. There are a bunch of guys selling them on there for around $1-2
    Got mine off ebay just a couple days ago. If you don't want to bother with the auction there are Buy Nows for $2.99 that give you your choice of phone number. It worked GREAT! I love the number I was able to choose. One with repeating numbers and very easy to remember.

Oops, update on that price as I just went to grab you a link. It seems that since the Pre announced a Google Voice App, the price has gone up! Better get one now, here's the link:

google voice invite, great deals on on eBay!
    Erm, what do you mean "share"? I assume you want an invite and that you don't actually want to share one, right?

I've never been given any invites so you should either request one from Google or... I guess, buy it.
    I have 3 google voice numbers but I totally forgot 2 of them if I remember I'll message you for sure
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    u can buy them off ebay and they will be private?
    I bought mine off of ebay for $2. You can get an invite within 2 days though. Google really isn't making people wait that long.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    You can get an invite within 2 days though. Google really isn't making people wait that long.
    I've been waiting for three weeks. One request from my Gmail over three weeks ago, then two more from hotmail accounts about two weeks ago. Unless I'm missing something, I guess ebay is the only option right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat View Post
    I've been waiting for three weeks. One request from my Gmail over three weeks ago, then two more from hotmail accounts about two weeks ago. Unless I'm missing something, I guess ebay is the only option right now.
    Yeah, they were giving them out really fast not too long ago... then suddenly slowed down again. If you're patient, I'm sure they'll pick up again.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    does google voice use a diff number? so if i text or call someone does it use a different number? and not show my cell number
    Google googlevoice.

Or you can check out gdialpro's facebook page.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ya i kno but it doesnt specifically say it uses another number and doesnt show ur cell number
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I can say that happily Google is supporting the troops. I submitted a request and still have heard nothing with my regular email. Then i read somewhere on here that there is a different invite site for military .mil extension email addresses and got a Google invite within a day or 2. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by jongo View Post
    does google voice use a diff number? so if i text or call someone does it use a different number? and not show my cell number
    Yah text messages come in with your google voice number if you send them properly.

When you receive a text message it will show the caller ID / name info of the person sending the text. When you reply to that text it shows up with a GV number.

If you just send a text from your phone the carrier doesn't know you are using GV so it will show your actual phone number.

If you send a text via the GV site or app then it shows your GV number.
    ive been trying to get one for over 4 weeks now....ive signed up for the "tell me when they are available" twice now (just did it again tonight)...i really am wanting one of these
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I got tired of waiting to and got one off of ebay. Worked fantastic. I got the invite 2 minutes after I paid $3.99 and picked my own number a couple of minutes later. I would recomend it, it's only a few dollars and is no different as if Google sent the invite to you. I was completly done within 15 minutes, with my new Google number!!
    yup, just got mine off ebay for $3.50 and got it already setup
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    Works great, doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    Did it give you your choice of numbers? If so, how large was the list of number to pick from?
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Works great, doesn't it?
    yup, id a done it sooner had i known they were on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Did it give you your choice of numbers? If so, how large was the list of number to pick from?
    HUGE list....nearly infinite
    @agentmock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast