Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamryn View Post
    Ok, let me say that I NEVER HAD AN ERROR 67 UNTIL THE THE FIRMWARE UPDATE!!

MODERATOR, PLEASE DELETE THREAD SO I CAN START OVER WITHOUT ALL THE NON-HELPFUL ARGUMENTATIVE POSTS.

Thank you
    It can be difficult to troubleshoot an issue when we don't have all the facts. Since you are reluctant and/or too impatient to provide answers to questions about what you did, I'm not sure anyone here will be able to help you.

That being said, I'd be interested in knowing what exactly did you "flash" on the Pre? The radio firmware? WebOS? Both? If it was the radio firmware, I'm sure you are aware that WebOS will continue to operate as designed regardless of what you did to the radio. Meaning that you would have to figure out what WebOS is trying to transmit and/or receive. My guess is that it is trying to establish a connection for a Palm profile and perform Synergy-related activities.

It may not be what you want to hear, but I think you are asking for a fundamental part of the operating system to be re-written so that you can use a WebOS phone just like any other smartphone. Well, newsflash, WebOS is not like any other smartphone OS. Yes, it's a very "hackable" OS. Yes, you can change many things... but unless you're willing to recompile the kernel to your liking, perhaps you should lighten up... or at the very least not try to bite the heads off of people trying to help you.

Perhaps you would be happier with an Android-based phone? I'm sure you could flash that onto Cricket and not worry about it "calling home" or compromising your privacy. Then again, perhaps not... after all, it's pretty tied to Google (and we all know they collect a LOT of info about us already).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamryn View Post
    Wonderful

Thank you Someone finally posts something neutral in tone and understands whats is going on and replies in a concise manner. Love it! What I need now is anyone with insight as to which parts of the OS that deals specifically with connecting to the sprint profile so I can disable those parts of the os.

(A Note: The error message still appears even if WIFI is connected, so it has nothing to do with internet connectivity)

Has anyone looked into this yet?
    My guess is that WebOS was written to use the cellular provider's network for connection to the Palm profile, but without a valid IP (or perhaps valid ESN--if the servers are looking for authorized WebOS devices), access is probably being blocked (hence, error 67).

Do you have a Palm Profile? Palm/Sprint were pretty adamant that people shouldn't try to bypass setting up a profile or they would have issues.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Question,

the webOSdoctor as currently distributed...

Does it set the entire firmware both network radio firmware AND webOS back to original (not the firmware update version that I recently downloaded)?

I had no problems until I downloaded the update...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12