Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cher,

As to work-arounds to your problem of wanting to easily dial someone without looking at the Pre...

I really like the speed dial feature from the keyboard. The 5 key has a nub on it so it is easy to find it and the keys just around it without looking. Check out the Tips and Tricks for how to setup and use speed dials.

Someone mentioned Quick Contacts. You get 9 people on your screen. Also consider Quick Dialer - just tap the photo you want to call.

As to finding your Pre in the car, here are a bunch of car mounts at great prices:

Car Mounts

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/19/2009 at 08:57 AM.
    My last phone was a rumor and it didn't have voice dial, and teh phone before that was a razr which did. As I was buying the PRE last June I said to the clerk -- this has voice dialing, right -- because that's my number one needed feature. She said yes.

I, too, am in California and do not like taking my eyes off the road to punch the buttons -- speed dial, or answer or whatever.
    Man! Some of the responses are so OUT there. Lighten up, people. This place is starting to feel like an iPhone cult. The Pre doesn't have voice dialing, it should have had voice dialing, and the Palm guy I talked to was as defensive as some of you ("Well, it took Apple three versions to add voice dial! So, NAH!").

I'm trying to love the Pre, too. They don't make it easy, but I'm sticking in there. Meanwhile, for those that LOVE the Pre, love it in almost an un-natural way, go easy on us noobs and casual users.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
    I'm trying to love the Pre, too. They don't make it easy, but I'm sticking in there. Meanwhile, for those that LOVE the Pre, love it in almost an un-natural way, go easy on us noobs and casual users.
    I LOVE my Pre, I love it for for what it can already do and for it's HUGE potential.

We have an immature OS with an immature application base, and it already makes me wonder why I stuck with WinMo for so long. With one big exception, it has nowhere to go but up.

That exception is Palm! If they go belly up, all bets are off! I'm counting on Palm to succeed. But even if they don't, their most valuable asset at this point is WebOS. Surely, someone will pick it up out of bankruptcy proceedings.
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    I LOVE my Pre, I love it for for what it can already do and for it's HUGE potential.
    SHHH!!!! You had me at hello.
    I to live in Cali, and it would be very nice when they add voice dialing!!! like fellow posters, it is a problem trying to make calls without it while driving. I'm in the emergency field that requires a lot of driving daily and i too need to make calls almost immediately with some clients because lives depend on it. Voice dialing will aid to me being able to do this faster and safer.
    Quote Originally Posted by CherDamas View Post
    I know the Pre doesn't have the [Moderator Edit: "push to talk" voice dial] feature, so one cannot make phone calls while driving in California. Will the new Web OS 1.2 fix this? I am really getting tired of pulling over to make a call in rush-hour traffic (and equally tired of the adrenaline rush that comes from not doing so, and seeing a cop behind or next to me )
    Does anyone know about this?? I wish they would have been more forthcoming about this flaw BEFORE I bought it and fell in love with it. For the first month, I thought it was my BT.

Thanks so much guys! I am glad there are knowledgeable folks out there who freely give of their time and expertise! to all of you!
    hey there. i can relate to your frustration. i had a cell that had that option and i must say it was great. i just pressed and hold the answer/end button on my bluetooth and the phone would say "say command". then all i did is reply "voice dial" then say the name or number. what i did to eleminate having to search for contacts is just set them to speed dial. every button from A-Z can be used. you can even select you on screen key pad and use that if the contact is on numbers 1-9. just press and hold and PRESTO your connected. besides most of the time the stupid voice command get the name or number wrong, especially if i was somewhere there was alot of noise.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Cher: I know what you are saying. My prior phone was a Samsung Upstage and every Samsung phone i have had has Voice Dial/Voice Command. It is so easy to hit the bluetooth button and say " Call XXXX" I love my Pre, but I certainly hope that they get the Samsung equivalent of Voice Command/Dial app extremely soon!! Voice Memo and Voice SMS msg (two other Samsung features) would be great also!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12