Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I'm having a problem with FileCoaster accessing the PreCentral Homebrew app list. This is the first time I've seen this error.. I'm running v1.1.3.

I've tried loading the app list through Wifi & EVDO. Same issue.

The attachment shows the issue I'm getting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    +1 Me too. It happens a lot...
    I get that too. I can ALWAYS cure it by resetting the phone, so it's gotta be a caching issue or something like that.

(No, I shouldn't hafta do that, but it isn't as if I ever hafta get into the repository at a time when I can't spare a few minutes for a reset either.)
    I get it too, and the only thing that fixes it is to resetart the palm. To me this is very annoying. I wish they would fix it, whatever the problem is.
    I've been receiving it quite a bit. If you swipe left to go back to the main screen and then reselect "Homebrew List", eventually it should work. It did for me.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I had this last week. Found 1.1.4 Loaded it. Hasn't happened since. So wilsondm2, I'd suggest you might always do a version check before a lament post. It appears the problem was fixed, whatever it was. With Homebrew apps they can't just update 'em like the 'regular' ones.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    same here
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    I had this last week. Found 1.1.4 Loaded it. Hasn't happened since. So wilsondm2, I'd suggest you might always do a version check before a lament post. It appears the problem was fixed, whatever it was. With Homebrew apps they can't just update 'em like the 'regular' ones.
    I'm glad 1.1.4 seems to have eliminated the problem for you, but I'm not sure I'd be so quick to generalize about how things work for everyone else.

I too am using 1.1.4, and have seen this problem before and after the update, and we have no idea about other people's versions.

I probably should have started with this:

This site has a wonderful forum for homebrew app discussions, where we're likely to find other users and probably even the developers for each app in the unofficial catalog.

This is not that forum, and at best we'll see a lot of "me too" and "you're crazy" exchanges that fall on deaf ears.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darsal View Post
    I'm glad 1.1.4 seems to have eliminated the problem for you, but I'm not sure I'd be so quick to generalize about how things work for everyone else.

I too am using 1.1.4, and have seen this problem before and after the update, and we have no idea about other people's versions.

I probably should have started with this:

This site has a wonderful forum for homebrew app discussions, where we're likely to find other users and probably even the developers for each app in the unofficial catalog.

This is not that forum, and at best we'll see a lot of "me too" and "you're crazy" exchanges that fall on deaf ears.
    This is the forum I was reading and the advice I gave about checking the version before complaining about the annoyance is completely valid. AFTER he updates the version and still has problems he can then more rightfully say what he said. I only generalized that people should make sure they are updated first. I did not generalize that all problems would necessarily then be solved...but mine were...

He wasn't crazy he was just being testy early. And, yes, it might be good to check out the specific filecoaster page in homebrew which I did when I did my own update. At the time there was nothing I saw about the problem and I didn't even notice there was a version change except when I compared the version numbers.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre