1.    #1  
    So I made the mistake of adding AIM to my Pre, and then watching my contacts fill with screen names. Consequently nuked AIM.

But you can sign into AIM from Gchat, which is nice because I can use AIM from a computer that doesn't have it running, and only online contacts appear. I still have a few AIM contacts in my Pre's list, and it seems to be the ones that were online in Gchat (it's ones I didn't send AIM messages to, so it either "saw" them through Gchat or it just kept everyone who was online when I ran AIM).

They don't show up as online on the Pre though, and if I try to send messages to their screen names it tells me I need to set up my AIM info. Is there a way to message AIM contacts through Gchat on the Pre?
  2.    #2  
    Wow still no response? Nobody signs into AIM via Gchat?

I know you guys don't just dump all your AIM screen names into your contact lists--that was a royal mess.
    i didn't know you could. though I am kinda confused as to what you mean
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar717 View Post
    I know you guys don't just dump all your AIM screen names into your contact lists--that was a royal mess.
    I do. Honestly, how often do you scroll through your Contacts app anyway?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I have my aim contacts in gchat-- MUCH better battery life. Used Psi to add aim contacts to gchat-- works like a charm
  6.    #6  
    I didn't keep my AIM contacts on my Pre long enough to notice battery life--same screen name for 8 or 10 years means even with culling the list it was too much clutter in my phone book.

Anyway, in Gmail under your Gchat contacts you can hit "More Options", "Sign into AIM". It will list your online buddies below your Gchat contacts and is pretty nifty versus having to keep AIM running (especially if you're on another computer).

Having the Pre show all the contacts Gmail sees (Gchat + AIM) would be great, but I can't figure out how.