1.    #1  
    Does Blackberry Connect work with the new Palm Pre?

My company will only support 'Blackberry' pushed email. But I figure if the blackberry connect works, then I can trick my company into thinking that I have a blackberry.
    -------------------------------------------
    "Identify, Analyze, Decide, Resolve, Learn"

Treo 800w
    Treo 700p
    But you DON'T have a Blackberry.

That's the problem.

So...no.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    But you DON'T have a Blackberry.

That's the problem.

So...no.

Cute answer. But, I know that is not the problem. For example Blackberry connect works with all sorts of Palm devices using Palm OS, and even Windows 6.0.

So the question still stands...

Does it work with Palm Pre (i.e webOS)?
    -------------------------------------------
    "Identify, Analyze, Decide, Resolve, Learn"

Treo 800w
    Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman002 View Post
    Cute answer. But, I know that is not the problem. For example Blackberry connect works with all sorts of Palm devices using Palm OS, and even Windows 6.0.

So the question still stands...

Does it work with Palm Pre (i.e webOS)?
    No it does not (I suppose it might run using the Palm OS emulator but it seems unlikely.
    There is no blackberry connect app for the Palm OS. I wouldent hold my breath either.

HOWEVER- BES sits in front of an actual mail server- possibly and maybe even likely exchange. Now- many companies tout that they support blackberry only but "wink-wink" EAS is open on the exchange server for push mail, calender and contacts.

All you really need to know is your username and password in addition to any possible domain name info.

My suggestion is to look around the office and see if anyone is using a treo, iPhone or windows mobile device and ask.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    HOWEVER- BES sits in front of an actual mail server- possibly and maybe even likely exchange. Now- many companies tout that they support blackberry only but "wink-wink" EAS is open on the exchange server for push mail, calender and contacts.
    Not so sure about that. A lot of companies that say they only support Blackberries do in fact only support Blackberries. They sometimes do this to reduce support costs and sometimes because they feel it is more secure.
    If your IT dept says they only support Blackberries, you will probably find they mean it.
    Of course many if not most mean it. All I am saying is that it is worth a try.

I have seen companies with 2000 employees do this as well as 20.

IT people like blackberry; it is easy to administer, Clevel is drawn to the stability and idiotproofness. All device os are the same and the licenses cost money which indirectly keeps the number of devices they need to support in check.

Recent releases of exchange and small business server with exchange default to having eas support enabled. So someone actually has to turn it off.
    The answer right now is no, BB Connect will not work on the Pre even if you were able to get it to run under Classic. The main reason is that in order to use BB Connect you have to have BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) added to your account. The last time I checked, which was about 4 months ago, Sprint didn't support adding BES to your account unless you had a BB phone. As far as American cell providers go, I believe AT&T is the only one that allows for BB Connect though I could be wrong on that.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    It does support some Palm OS devices (see na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/enabled/os.jsp), but would also like to know if it supports Palm Pre's Web OS as I just got one and we have BES at work. Any update on this topic?
    Quote Originally Posted by trippin View Post
    It does support some Palm OS devices (see na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/enabled/os.jsp), but would also like to know if it supports Palm Pre's Web OS as I just got one and we have BES at work. Any update on this topic?
    Support for PalmOS was mentioned earlier in this thread. There is no BES support available for WebOS.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman002 View Post
    Does Blackberry Connect work with the new Palm Pre?

My company will only support 'Blackberry' pushed email. But I figure if the blackberry connect works, then I can trick my company into thinking that I have a blackberry.
    Isn't that -- well, -- unethical? I'm sure you company is concerned with protecting their intellecutal property, trade secrets, or, at least, just maintain a certain amount of business privacy. That is why some/many companies choose Blackberry as a technical solution.

Do you REALLY want to go down this road, even if BBC is available for WebOS?
    Last edited by pvman; 01/10/2011 at 12:06 PM.