Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I am a yr into my contract with sprint and only quailfy for the 75 dollar upgrade price , totaling $474.99. I don't know about you but somewhere this math doesn't seem to add up. It's not worth trying to even upgrade right now if all I am going to get is $75 dollars and have to pay that much for a phone and still be stuck into a new two year contract.

Two years into a contract or new contract:

Regular price $549.99
    Upgrade discount -$150.00
    Instant savings -$150.00
    Mail-in Rebate -$100.00
    Upgrade price $149.99

One year into a contract:

Regular price $549.99
    Upgrade discount -$75.00
    Upgrade price $474.99
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Makes sense to me. If you are a premier customer you can upgrade yearly. The contract is irrelevant I prefer to be on the fastest 3G network and am patiently waiting for the 4G to be further developed.
    You have to remember that when you are only 1 year in the contract that they have not made their money back on the subsidy, thus the subsidy is absent from the second price you list.
    That is the correct pricing for an upgrade at one year into the contract. If you are a Premier customer you get the full discounting after only one year, if on a family plan it is only the primary line that gets the discount early.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    I just upgraded to the Pre a little over a week ago and I only qualified for the one year upgrade, but I got it from Best Buy for $350. Still a lot of money, but a much better savings than going directly through Sprint.