Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    A couple of things -

    * WebOs Update 1.2.0 is not here yet

    * I like turtles

    *

    A final P.S.A. -

    App updates do not need 12 new threads. In fact, I would say they don't need any threads unless they are new apps, and even then that might not be necessary unless you are reviewing an App or asking questions.

    Imagine the craziness that will ensue when everyone reports that 12 new fart apps and the deluxe rectal thermometer app have been released. Be kind and eliminate spam. That is all.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 09/17/2009 at 04:02 PM.
  2. zachz's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #2  
    you bore me
  3. #3  
    Lol ok
  4. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #4  
    Good post...I'm tired of all these 'OMG new apps' all the time too!!
  5. #5  
    Ok cool. Thanks for posting.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by zachz View Post
    you bore me
    I'm sorry. You didn't have to read it.
  7. #7  
    Wait, wasn't that the name of Bruce Springsteen's second album?


    Oh nevermind.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Good post...I'm tired of all these 'OMG new apps' all the time too!!
    When the app catalog starts to really take off is when this will truely get annoying.
  9. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #9  
    I also like turtles; and, I share your concern for useless threads.
  10. Shadnic's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #10  
    I don't understand people who think they're so important, that seeing something that takes their eyes less than a second to pass over is just a waste of their precious precious time. You know what takes up more time? Posting about it. The funny thing is that you mention how its a waste of space to post about new apps, yet you essencially just made a thread about new apps, yours just has a different focus. I guess YOUR message is important enough that people should use their time to read it.

    Its also not like there's a flood of new app posts...there's a few, and they largely popped up at the same time. Not to mention our app store has so few apps it is worth mentioning when a new batch pops up. I apologize if there are any typos, typing on my pre right now and I'm not really looking at the screen...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    Its also not like there's a flood of new app posts...there's a few, and they largely popped up at the same time. Not to mention our app store has so few apps it is worth mentioning when a new batch pops up. I apologize if there are any typos, typing on my pre right now and I'm not really looking at the screen...
    Seemed like a joke to me... you're not driving, right?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    I don't understand people who think they're so important, that seeing something that takes their eyes less than a second to pass over is just a waste of their precious precious time. You know what takes up more time? Posting about it. The funny thing is that you mention how its a waste of space to post about new apps, yet you essencially just made a thread about new apps, yours just has a different focus. I guess YOUR message is important enough that people should use their time to read it.

    Its also not like there's a flood of new app posts...there's a few, and they largely popped up at the same time. Not to mention our app store has so few apps it is worth mentioning when a new batch pops up. I apologize if there are any typos, typing on my pre right now and I'm not really looking at the screen...
    Ha, Petey made you mad.

    I like gecko's.
  13. #13  
    Well done Shadnic! You only miss-spelled one word.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    I don't understand people who think they're so important, that seeing something that takes their eyes less than a second to pass over is just a waste of their precious precious time. You know what takes up more time? Posting about it. The funny thing is that you mention how its a waste of space to post about new apps, yet you essencially just made a thread about new apps, yours just has a different focus. I guess YOUR message is important enough that people should use their time to read it.

    Its also not like there's a flood of new app posts...there's a few, and they largely popped up at the same time. Not to mention our app store has so few apps it is worth mentioning when a new batch pops up. I apologize if there are any typos, typing on my pre right now and I'm not really looking at the screen...
    I have no illusions of self importance. I was just being funny while pointing out that we post too many threads about things that are, or should be common knowledge.

    I appreciate your critique, and you are a very good typist on your Pre.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions