1.    #1  
    i realized many of my screens i thought i deleted were still on Phone when i looked with USB mode.

Not an issue but just thought it was worth mentioning. Maybe a good feature since sometimes you want to undo the erase
    Just delete them then from within the USB mode by dragging them into trash!

As a side note I am able to delete my screen captures, are you sure your deleting them properly? ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Just delete them then from within the USB mode by dragging them into trash!

As a side note I am able to delete my screen captures, are you sure your deleting them properly? ...
    on phone they are deleted, but on USB mode you will find them in folder again
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have noticed the same issue. The Pre allows me to delete a screen capture using the WebOS UI, but when I browse my Pre using in USB mode I am still able to see the image that was deleted using the WebOS UI
    just hook up the pre to your computer and delete directly from within the pre is what impulse is saying .
    drag them right off the pre into your trash bin that way
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    just hook up the pre to your computer and delete directly from within the pre is what impulse is saying .
    Well i pretty much stated that in my first post!

Just i thought the Pre itself deleted it when i pushed delete, but no so.

Just pointing it out to others, not an issue really
    Okay, it's not that you can't delete them. When you take a screen capture, the Pre takes a JPG and a PNG. The Photos app in 1.1 and previous can't display PNG, so even though you delete the JPG, the PNG is still there.
  8.    #8  
    Gotcha Jhoff!

thanks for the explanation. So basically any picture we take on the Pre is never really deleted until we go to USB mode right?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post

I think the point is that, it should be deleted completely by the WebOS UI. Sure, hooking the phone up and deleting them using the PC will work, but why should one have to do that? What about other images, email attachments, etc? What if that screenshot contained sensitive info and you deleted it using the UI, and weren't aware that it wasn't really gone.

Someone could just hook your phone up to their PC and steal that info.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Gotcha Jhoff!

thanks for the explanation. So basically any picture we take on the Pre is never really deleted until we go to USB mode right?
    That just happens for screen captures, not pictures from the Camera. And in 1.2, the Photos app does display the PNGs as well.
    maybe a dumb question but how do you do a screen capture?
    Philadelphia, murder capital of the world
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    ...and discovered that all those photos taken with the phone and then deleted were still there......much hilarity ensued!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    maybe a dumb question but how do you do a screen capture?
    Orange + Sym + P = Screen Cap!

Your welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Orange + Sym + P = Screen Cap!

Your welcome
    you didn't even give me a chance to say thanks... check my stats i do it.
    Philadelphia, murder capital of the world