Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I think this is my first post here and I just had a couple of questions about video on the pre. First off, does anyone know if the Pre is capable of doing video out to a tv? Does someone make a cable that allows this?

On a similar subject, has anyone heard about someone making a Video Player Remix? I love the Music Player Remix as it adds many features that should have been in the originial Music Player. I'd like to have the ability to scan through movies instead of just using the slider bar cause it's quite inaccurate unless I press on the "knob" and hold it down, then drag it to the time I want. There are other "options" I'd like to have in the "Video Player Remix", but I can't seem to remember them at this time.
    No.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    No, although people question how they (palm) got video output on the demonstration. I think it was a rigged pre though. Does anyone remember when the user was scrolling thru websites and he just shacked the screen (flicked it downward) and the page auto scrolled? i think this was feature they showed on the demo as well but does not work on our phones
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Oh really? I never saw the video of Palm demonstrating the Pre. So it might be hidden within the phone somewhere waiting for someone to unlock it? That would be cool.

As for the "Video Player Remix", I thought of a couple of other things in case anyone out there is listening.... The ability to change how your videos are displayed on the video player list would be nice. Either by using custom Pics, or large or small thumbnails instead of the list we have now would be better. Also maybe a chapter search, and that's about all I can think of right now, lol.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedea28 View Post
    I think this is my first post here and I just had a couple of questions about video on the pre. First off, does anyone know if the Pre is capable of doing video out to a tv? Does someone make a cable that allows this?

On a similar subject, has anyone heard about someone making a Video Player Remix? I love the Music Player Remix as it adds many features that should have been in the originial Music Player. I'd like to have the ability to scan through movies instead of just using the slider bar cause it's quite inaccurate unless I press on the "knob" and hold it down, then drag it to the time I want. There are other "options" I'd like to have in the "Video Player Remix", but I can't seem to remember them at this time.
    If your tv has a usb port you can use that to play videos that are stored on your pre. you can also view your pictures this way. I do this on my samsung LCD tv all the time. Basically just using it as a thumb drive.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    The pre has video out. What you'll need is a camcorder and a cable from the camcorder to the TV.

Plug the camcorder into the TV and then position the phone so that you can see it's screen in the camcorders. Viola. Easy as pie. Once the pre gets a video camera you can probably rig up some mirrors to do it without a camcorder, however you'll have to get the file off the phone after it's recorded and then burn it to a DVD and then you can watch it on your DVD player or computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    ... and then position the phone so that you can see it's screen in the camcorders.
    On of the 1st thing I tried with my Pre using the 3.5mm iPod cable that worked on my Touch Pro.
    Nothing )': Although I rarely used it besides watching some space shuttle launches on the TV at work.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    disappointing
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    No, although people question how they (palm) got video output on the demonstration. I think it was a rigged pre though. Does anyone remember when the user was scrolling thru websites and he just shacked the screen (flicked it downward) and the page auto scrolled? i think this was feature they showed on the demo as well but does not work on our phones
    It was a engineering model customized for this purpose. Its not unusual to have a splitter off the LCD cable to go to different projector for demonstrations such as that. If you checked the demo, their Pre had a thick cable poking out the top of the case. They likely powered the device through that cable as well.

See this video, where he explained in the first minute:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    The Treo wasn't very long out of the box before someone invented a way to do it via the usb cable. You could see the whole interface of the phone (including keyboard) or just the screen. It was very cool, you could play with the pre, make calls... from your desktop.