Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i've been singing the lack of signal blues since i got my launch pre. my last phone, 755p was a tank and would pull in signal when all others failed. now we're looking for hot spots in the house to use our phones...

outside - signals vary from 3 to max bars.

i'm in a new home and it has a radiant barrier roof - so i'm basically wrapped in tin foil.

i wonder if that would bounce my radio signal...

any thoughts?
    Last edited by tarhead; 09/17/2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: i'm old and cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhead View Post
    i've been singing the lack of signal blues since i got my launch pre. my last phone, 755p was a tank and would pull in signal when all others failed. now we're looking for hot spots in the house to use our phones...

outside - signals vary from 3 to max bars.

i'm in a new home and it has a radiant barrier roof - so i'm basically wrapped in tin foil.

i wonder if that would bounce my radio signal...

any thoughts?
    Yep, I would think that would have an impact, though you'd like to think the primary transmission would be through the walls (perhaps they put that tin foil insulation in the walls too?). Radio waves do funny things though--it's not purely line of sight. I've heard that the airrave will soon be able to do EVDO instead of just 1xRTT. That might be your best bet.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i looked up my zip on sprint's site and it said that it is not available in my area (airrave).

i'm in the email mode with an account services person, and i'm going to try to go that route.

both of my neighbors on either side of me have routers, so i'm always pushing wifi. - it would be nice if i had a phone too...
    Yes it would....i posted about this on some other posts but cant seem to find it quickly.
    I think I was talking about Bluetooth connectivity that I had one day.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    what about something like this? this worked for my house. Outside I go between 2-3 bars, and inside it was 0-1 bars. Now with this I have 2-3 bars inside.

xyz.amazon.com/Wireless-Extenders-YX510-PCS-CELDual-Booster-Coverage/dp/B000J2XZ1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1253216784&sr=8-1

note: - I cant post links yet, but remove xyz and replace with www in the address above
    Last edited by pugs1721; 09/17/2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by pugs1721 View Post
    what about something like this? this worked for my house. Outside I go between 2-3 bars, and inside it was 0-1 bars. Now with this I have 2-3 bars inside.

xyz.amazon.com/Wireless-Extenders-YX510-PCS-CELDual-Booster-Coverage/dp/B000J2XZ1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1253216784&sr=8-1

note: - I cant post links yet, but remove xyz and replace with www in the address above
    NICE....Except that price...OUCH
    Would be nice but holy crap....you would be better off getting a Airave from Sprint.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    NICE....Except that price...OUCH
    Would be nice but holy crap....you would be better off getting a Airave from Sprint.
    Yes that is true, but I live out where I can't get broadband service, so the airave does me no good. When living out in the sticks and no other options, this worked well for me. This is actually one of the better priced models out there, I have saw ones as high as $1200+.
    Price: you could pay for it with all the money you're saving on energy bills.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer