Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Moved my phone line to another carrier. Now PRE is asking for Palm Profile and when I enter in my username and PW, it says it cannot access with Sprint service. How can I get my data of of the device, or what if I want to use it just for contacts or as a PDA??
    Try wifi
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    lol?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Have you tried connecting to the internet via WiFi and retrying?
    Hmmmm. A quandry to be sure, except for the fact that Palm made it so their phone needed to have a carrier associated for it to work.
    double lol.
    buy an ipod touch
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Wow. You officially have a paper weight.
    Flash it to metropcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Chalk one up for a disadvantage of cloud computing. No cloud = no computer.
    This has nothing to do with the cloud. This has to do with the phone requiring service from Sprint at the moment. He could connect to the cloud via wifi, but the phone won't let him since it's programmed to have a sprint connection.
    triple lol!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    you my friend now have a beautiful river rock
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I would say that even the most diehard of pre users are aware that the pre is going to have enough problems that this won't be a 4year phone. So its pretty disappointing to think that when you upgrade to a new model then this can't be used as a media player, PIM, wifi tablet or camera.

One of the benefits of dumping ATT/iPhone is that my old iphone is still fully functional as an ipod touch + camera + gps etc. Its been pretty handy, especially when riding the sprint 3G network over tethering.
    I certainly hope this is fixed, I purchased this phone, I did not lease it. when my contract is over I expect it to work in anyway I want except for phone service, should I choose not to extend with sprint.

hopefully in two years this won't be an issue anymore.
    There are four lights.
  16.    #16  
    I am laughing right along with everyone else, and I am the original poster. This is so pathetic, that it's laughable, and I am so glad to have changed carrier and phone based on this alone. All my old Centros Treos, etc. I can still turn on and use as a PIM at least or get my passwords out of SplashID. To think that the PRE could be designed is boggling to me. Example, have an iphone not activated - I can still use it on Wifi. But with Pre, it asks to log into Palm Profile I know my profile name and password are correct, but it will not go past the screen so long as I don't have a Sprint account anymore. Palm Chat and live rep have confirmed this with me too. Would love a work around at least to delete my data off the device short of a hammer. and even then, isn't some of it residing on their cloud?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Wouldn't it still be able to perform all of the functions that are now available when in Airplane mode or when you don't otherwise have a sprint connection?? Camera, media player, PIM stuff, etc?
    Why did you switch? Where you at now and is it better?

Quote Originally Posted by dcorleto View Post
    I am laughing right along with everyone else, and I am the original poster. This is so pathetic, that it's laughable, and I am so glad to have changed carrier and phone based on this alone. All my old Centros Treos, etc. I can still turn on and use as a PIM at least or get my passwords out of SplashID. To think that the PRE could be designed is boggling to me. Example, have an iphone not activated - I can still use it on Wifi. But with Pre, it asks to log into Palm Profile I know my profile name and password are correct, but it will not go past the screen so long as I don't have a Sprint account anymore. Palm Chat and live rep have confirmed this with me too. Would love a work around at least to delete my data off the device short of a hammer. and even then, isn't some of it residing on their cloud?
    Did you reset the phone or something? I have had my Pres disconnected while using other phones and they worked over WIFI just fine. Did you do anything to the phone to end up needing to re-register? This issue made me nervous about WebOS too - and I am also wondering how long my data stays in their CLOUD when I no longer have a Pre and it is not possible to just log onto a web site to delete it??
    Quote Originally Posted by dcorleto View Post
    Run webOS doctor to wipe it. The stuff in their cloud will remain there till it is deleted by some automatic inactivity timer is my guess.
    You can also still hook it up and connect it as a USB drive I believe. Open the phone for an "emergency" call and then plug it into your PC.

As for it being bricked, yeah this is how these phones work. Unless you pre root them.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast