Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    will this fix the problem??
    how do i get a pic on here it wont let me drag and drop one into this text field???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    will this fix the problem??
    how do i get a pic on here it wont let me drag and drop one into this text field???
    Only until Sprint decides to shut it down in a different way.
    will this fix this issue ??

data on off will be new in 1.2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Congress is investigating the cellular industry. Someone should bring this to their attention, too.
    There's the answer...
    Don't panic, there will be plenty of time for that later.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcorleto View Post
    OP here...and here's the update..

many thanks first to mrloserpunk for the post of bypass instructions at ...ing Activation - WebOS Internals. Admittingly, the instructions were daunting for me, so I did some more googling based on that post to find that JAR's had already been created with the bypass coding inserted and downloaded that.
    For some reason, your web link did not "copy in" correctly. Let's see if this link does any better:
    Patch webOS Bypassing Activation - WebOS Internals

BTW: Glad to see that you were able to work around the issue (and that you did not get discouraged by the negative posts from the minority here).

EDIT: Let me add that I believe it sucks that the OP had to go through this much trouble for something that "just works" on other phones (including the iPhone, which is the "next closest" phone to the Pre). Hopefully Palm will add a proper fix within the WebOS 1.3 timeframe. (I hold no hope of seeing such a fix in the upcoming 1.2, but it would be great if the fix could happen and be tested that soon.)
    Last edited by sudoer; 09/19/2009 at 10:32 AM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Amen.
    Be loud...be so loud for engadget to pick this up and then the whole interwebs will know and this will force Palm to respond. This shouldn't be allowed. You paid for it, if you canx your service, the phone portion should be the only thing you can't access. You should still be able to access everything else, calendar, music player, web, etc. Lousy job Palm..Lousy!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    ...although I am very curious as to how his company locks the Pre from working with their exchange service and makes it BB only -that shouldn't be possible...
    It's a security issue. My company used to do the same thing. Right now, it's BB, iPhone, or WM6 only. No Pre.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    Palm Pre Comprehensive Guide for switching carriers, Please Sticky - PPCGeeks
    this link may help you guys out that want to use your pre with out service
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    lol @ people saying he deserved it for canceling. I hope his good outcome in the end made u even more upset.
    God makes the earth yield healing herbs which the prudent man should not neglect;
    dcorleto,

CONGRATS!!
    (been lurking since you originally posted)... yes, I clicked on that link and it looked daunting (for the uninitiated)...

Yes, spread the word, about this alternatives... how DARE PALM sell a phone that CANNOT BE USED without service...

JAILBREAK exists for the iPhone, something had to exist for the Pre =)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    i tried this when i went outof the country and had to do a partial erase (thus could not activate the phone), and i pulled my hair for over a day and i could not do it.

dont think its for the linux/terminal-naive people.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I stopped buying gas and now my car will not run!
    I bought a digital video camera and since it was digital didn't put in a tape. It didn't record...

I put a screen door on my boat but... it sank.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I'm beating a dead horse!

/sarcasm
    and just when I was contemplating a serious post, the extreme dumbness of off topic humor killed the moment.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    LOL.
    see what happens if you stop breathing.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Are you suggesting the op try charging their battery?
    Be glad Palm didn't make the car else you wouldn't be able to power the radio on as well.!!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast