1.    #1  
    it was funny i was on break at college and im walking around to my next class. While i was walking i was on the web browser checking ebay when all of a sudden i hear "Hey bro, Ballin *** phone man, why dont you come over and spare a dollar for a cupcake".

i was like ***. turns out the guy was tryin to raise money for a on campus club.

Anyone else have odd stories of being told your pre is cool?
    lol
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    On a flight to New Orleans I got a compliment from the girls sitting next to me. I let them check it out a bit. They were impressed I guess, then one of them said "I didn't know Sprint had phones like this." This led to a conversation of how they had Sprint in the past and they hated Sprint blah..blah..blah.
    Probably wouldn't put much 'store' in NICE words from somebody who wants money from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Probably wouldn't put much 'store' in NICE words from somebody who wants money from you.

Ok maybe its the fact that I've been studying all night.... But I didn't get it.
    i was walking out of a cvs in downtown chicago when i guy came up behind me and said "hey is that the new pre, ive had a treo forever and thinkin about picking that thing up, how do you like it", to which i replied "its an amazing phone i love the mult-tasking the most, but if you have a treo i would wait another month or so untill everything is fully worked out and the app catalog develops" Felt pretty good to have someone walk up and notice my phone.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ConeNubi701 View Post
    Ok maybe its the fact that I've been studying all night.... But I didn't get it.
    DUH! The guy wanted money, so he complimented the phone. It's like when a hot woman tells an old rich fart that he's like a young stud. Same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by ConeNubi701 View Post
    It's called vested interest. Maybe you should take a logic course while in school. They'll tell you all about it.
    I got into a 30min conversation at a focus group I was going to, and showed it off. He was definitely impressed as he was using a crackberry. BUT least he said he didn't like the iphone....there might be hope for this guy yet.
  10. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Just because a compliment is backed by a possible financial motive doesn't mean it isn't true.

xtn
    Actually I get alot of "hey is that the Pre?" when I am out. I think majority of the time people recognize it because it is NOT an Iphone. Iphone just has a huge market here, so its tough competition. But atleast when its my phone, people verbally acknowledge it.

Occasionally I even let them play with....after I check that their fingers arent dirty of course.
    Standing in line for a ride at Carowinds..."whoa, is that the new Pre? Do you like it?"

I've also got two co-workers looking into it after they were impressed with mine.
    I get people asking me all of the time about my phone. And have gottin quite a few people to change carriers and get a Pre. Read this post: How many Pre's are in your life...........? Most of my famliy now uses the Pre, it's funny when ever I goto visit I have to bring my laptop so when they see what I've added or tweaked on my Pre they want it. I'm about half way through themeing most of them now. Were even plannig a get together so my father(he's the only other computer savie one in the famliy) to take all of our Pre's back to stock and applie the 1.2 update, then work on reappling the tweaks and hacks back. I Love this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    It's called vested interest. Maybe you should take a logic course while in school. They'll tell you all about it.
    Abrasive much?
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    Abrasive much?
    Agreed m8, way to many peps on this forum seem like there just waitin to jump down someones throat for any little coment or post that they don't agree with. Can't we just be nice to one another?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    No "nice phone" compliment yet. It seems everyone is still focused on complimenting my @$$.