1.    #1  
    I had a video (mp4) file on my palm pre which I copy and pasted from my computer using usb cable.

after a while I erased the video file but when I go into the video contents of my pre I can still see the file and I can play it as well.

I've searched every hidden directories and could not find this file.

what is happening? this file is 2gb so its taking a lot of space as well.

please help me~~!!!!

thanks in advance!
    Did you delete it via usb also?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    Did you delete it via usb also?
    I didn't know how to delete from the palm pre so i always delete from the usb.

is there a way i can delete it from the palm pre?
    you would probably need the internals app. To do that delete from the pre but I don't know if that is enabled yet but you can try !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This happened to me with a couple of music files...When you delete it through Windows, it places it into a hidden "Recycle Bin" directory, which is still picked up by the music/video programs. I eventually had to SSH into the phone and remove the file manually from the phone.
    This happens as well with photos. If a jpg is moved say from downloads to wallpapers the thumbnail is left behind. I don't know of a way to have the phone rescan or delete it without rooting / ssh as mentioned in the prior post.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  7.    #7  
    ssh?? whats ssh?
  8.    #8  
    can anyone still help me on this matter??

now my usb is fool even thought I deleted all my movie files.

I really don't know what program to get and look for these undeleted file.

thanks in advance.
  9.    #9  
    please some one help me~!
  10.    #10  
    no one??
    I can't offer help on this topic, but I will say that it sometimes takes more than a few hours to get the help you're looking for, be patient.
    did you reboot the phone after deleting? Not sure if that would help, but maybe a fresh luna will see that its been deleted.

This is not a common issue and that is why help may take some time....be patient. There are alot of great people with a fountain of knowledge on Precentral!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    try enabling hidden files and folders when the pre is attached as a USB drive.

you may then see if somewhere in a hidden folder.

Windows XP: Show Hidden Program or System Files

note: press alt if you are using vista to view the toolbar.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I know on my mac I have to empty the trash before files are actually deleted from the pre. I'm sure it's similar on a pc try emptying the recycle bin on your desk top while the pre is hooked up usb mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by evistor View Post

this file is 2gb so its taking a lot of space as well.
    lol that is 1 huge pron movie =D. Yeah I would want to delete that before my GF saw to .
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by draven76 View Post
    This happened to me with a couple of music files...When you delete it through Windows, it places it into a hidden "Recycle Bin" directory, which is still picked up by the music/video programs. I eventually had to SSH into the phone and remove the file manually from the phone.
    I've tried everything but still can't get it.

btw, whats SSH??? I haven't tried that one yet and seems like it'll work.

thanks