1.    #1  
    What is everyone doing with their Google Voice account?

Using it as only number? Just for business? Not sure yet?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I've begun to move more and more towards it as the only number. Hard to tell everyone who already has my phone #s, but any new person/place I give out a phone #, I use the GV #.

Emailed and transcribed (and therefore visual) voice mail is useful in its own right, and a service that I was using even outside of the GV #, with services like Youmail. Unfortunately, Sprint's per-forwarding fees means I can't do the same with the Pre.

I feel a bit safer giving out this number on Craigslist etc, knowing that I can block people if need be. I've had to block one persistent spammer, a collection agency looking for someone else.
    I'm bummed that I cannot stream the audio voicemails that get emailed to me
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    I'm bummed that I cannot stream the audio voicemails that get emailed to me
    I put this in the bug report forums at Palm in case they didn't have an open bug on it because 1.2 doesn't fix it from what I have seen.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I considered trying to get everybody moving over to it, but that was a bit of an issue. So now I tend to use it only for new contacts, or to return calls to people who I don't want to have access to me real number (and who, if they call back, I can block easily).
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    The the two new GV apps in the catalog I am trying to figure out how to integrate Vonage (our home line), GV and my Pre.
    I'm using it mostly as my contact # for work. That way, I get the calls, but they don't get my "real" number. It's also great for my gf calling her grandmother in Mexico. Hard to beat 8 cents/minute for that.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Wish I was using it, still waiting for an invite!