Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    My Pre was purchased about 3 weeks ago. Everything has been fine until about a week ago...

Email has been VERY slow...as soon as I click on one of my 4 accounts, it takes 20 seconds just to show all the emails...then when I click in an email, it takes another 25 seconds for the message to open...Please note this was very smooth in the first 2 weeks...

EVDO sign now doesn't even show 25% of the time....i'm in the same place I was the 1st 2 weeks of usage, so I don't know what happened here..

Everything is just very slow....the dialer is now very slow too...

The day I got it, I tweaked it to show 4x4 icons...and that was it...it ran fine for 2 weeks....

Any suggestions? Should I bring this back and get another one (still within the 30 days) or should I try something before returning it?

I;'ve reset it numerous times already...
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I'd try the WebOS doctor first. Do a clean install. Then if that doesn't fix it, take it back.

You say you've tweaked it. That means you should already have webos doctor on your computer. Or you can download it here:
    Before you do anything else open up your dialer pad and open up the sub menu (top left where it says sprint) the go to preferances and then scroll all the way down and update prl which they did just work on recently and update network settings as well, after that reboot phone and all should be better. If not then work your way backwards undoing everything you have done to phone like apps from homebrew or tweaks . Undo or delete one at a time rebooting afterwards until fixed then , web dotor it as a last resort
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Before you do anything else open up your dialer pad and open up the sub menu (top left where it says sprint) the go to preferances and then scroll all the way down and update prl which they did just work on recently
    The PRL update function was broken in the last update, hasn't been fixed yet. When you check for PRL, it shuts off the phone radio and then tells you that a network connection is needed.
    That's always nice . I guess when 1.2 comes out it will be fixed then .... I hope anyways
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    The PRL update function was broken in the last update, hasn't been fixed yet. When you check for PRL, it shuts off the phone radio and then tells you that a network connection is needed.

i know i called 611 i believe a few days after i got my pre and i wsa greeted with a message telling me sprint was updating my prl ota and to stay on the line.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    My Pre was purchased about 3 weeks ago. Everything has been fine until about a week ago...

Email has been VERY slow...as soon as I click on one of my 4 accounts, it takes 20 seconds just to show all the emails...then when I click in an email, it takes another 25 seconds for the message to open...Please note this was very smooth in the first 2 weeks...

EVDO sign now doesn't even show 25% of the time....i'm in the same place I was the 1st 2 weeks of usage, so I don't know what happened here..

Everything is just very slow....the dialer is now very slow too...

The day I got it, I tweaked it to show 4x4 icons...and that was it...it ran fine for 2 weeks....

Any suggestions? Should I bring this back and get another one (still within the 30 days) or should I try something before returning it?

I;'ve reset it numerous times already...
    Hello crg28,

I'm sorry to hear that your Pre seems to have contracted arthritis. Do not apply any "over the counter" medications to your Pre as this might cause damage. You can always call the WebOsDoctor (to isolate whether software or hardware is causing your issues) but that might be more medicine than we need. In these days of "managed care", we recommend that you take some steps to lessen the pain while a cure for your problem is being researched.

I'm not sure about the specific causes of email slowness, but your "Everything is just very slow....the dialer is now very slow too..." comment suggests to me that you are either browsing web sites with a large number of images, or you are leaving several cards open at a time, or both. My observations are that doing these things consumes memory and that WebOS seems to not do a great job about managing/reclaiming that memory under such circumstances.

Since you are within your 30 days, you should see if you can adapt your usage habits to work around this issue. (First start by resetting your phone, and then following the suggested behavioral change.) If you find that working around the problem is too hard for your lifestyle, I suggest that we euthanize your phone and that you adopt another model.

EDIT: Oops, I almost forgot: Before deciding to enthanize the phone, make an appointment with the WebOsDoctor so we can make sure your phone does not have a hardware problem.

Hope this helps, -- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I did the network update and prl update and notice that I am droppong fewer calls and getting better network connections. Called 611 for the prl.
    Thanks for the heads up !