1.    #1  
    The latest code for WebKit, the Browser engine that powers Safari, Chrome, Android and WebOS for the Pre, now supports the new WebGL 3D rendering. The standard is based on OpenGL ES 2.0 and is managed by the Krohnos Group who manage OpenGL the 3D engine used by all groups not using DirectX. You can expect Google, Apple and Mozilla to include WebGL into their browsers over the next year. This could be the first serious move to support 3D since VRML in the late '90s.

WebGL will be an extension of the feature set in the CANVAS tag. Now is a good time to get to know CANVAS.

The WebGL working group is defining a JavaScript binding to OpenGL ES 2.0 to enable rich 3D graphics within a browser on any platform supporting the OpenGL or OpenGL ES graphics standards. The working group is developing the specification to provide content portability across diverse browsers and platforms, including the capability of portable, secure shader programs.
    Video:

Source:
    Native 3D Support in WebKit Arrives | Search Journal

Thoughts? Since WebKit powers pretty much everything UI-related on the Pre I figured it's a fairly big deal.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  2.    #3  
    Totally missed that... wow
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)