Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I submitted my info to get an account over a week ago and still have heard nothing.... has anyone recently heard back from them for an account? If so, ho long did it take?

Yep, I'm impatient.
    I signed up about a month ago, got it the very next morning in my inbox. I do some business with Google in other areas like advertising so that may account for the quick turn around or it could be luck.
    I signed up about to weeks ago. Heard nothing yet. But they actually sell google voice accounts on ebay. Haha
    I signed up through the regular invite list weeks ago, and have heard nothing. Then I stumbled across a post somewhere talking about how Google is giving military members priority for invites.
    If you have a .mil email account you can go to the following link

https://services.google.com/fb/forms...voicemilitary/

You will receive an invite within 48 hrs (mine was less than 24)

Cheers
    Dan
    I was able to convert my old Grand Central account the other day... glad I got to keep my number from 2007 =)
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I waited about a month and a half for mine.
    I signed up like 3 weeks ago and heard nothing yet.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    i got mine within 2 weeks
    3 wks and still waiting................
    about 3 months and still waiting for me
    Just buy one off of eBay for $0.99 or less... they'll e-mail you a link, you click on it and sign up with your Gmail account info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano19 View Post
    I signed up through the regular invite list weeks ago, and have heard nothing. Then I stumbled across a post somewhere talking about how Google is giving military members priority for invites.
    If you have a .mil email account you can go to the following link

You will receive an invite within 48 hrs (mine was less than 24)

Cheers
    Dan
    nice man, I just resubmited with my .mil account. I sent mine in over 2 months ago and have heard nothing. I read that they arent taking anymore beta users.
    I have been waiting for about a month now too. Never heard anything. So I got impatient and bought one off eBay for $3.49 buy it now today. That was the cheapest one I could find today. Most of the bidding auctions were going that high anyway. Got the invite and am all set up now.
    Quote Originally Posted by long_tall_texan View Post
    I have been waiting for about a month now too. Never heard anything. So I got impatient and bought one off eBay for $3.49 buy it now today. That was the cheapest one I could find today. Most of the bidding auctions were going that high anyway. Got the invite and am all set up now.
    Must've been a slow day for invite auctions... less than a week ago I got 6 invites for $1.98. Sure beats waiting for months, eh?
    First come, first served. The link below is for a GV account.

https://www.google.com/voice/inv/jR3...01fbc5a6af919a

Enjoy.
    Last edited by boogaloo1; 09/16/2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: wanted to clarify the purpose of the link.
    long_tall_texan - you're welcome! You are going to love GV, I recommend using GDial Pro.

Take care,
    even though I did not get it, I am going to thank you too.

Thank you, that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bushdiverq View Post
    even though I did not get it, I am going to thank you too.

Thank you, that rocks.
    I just sent you a PM. Let me know if the link doesn't work. I believe I haven't used it, but confirm and PM me if there's a problem.
  19.    #19  
    Likewise... very cool of you to post that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Likewise... very cool of you to post that.
    DrHeathenScum - sent you a PM. That was my last GV link and I hope you have lots of fun with it.

I hope this motivates others to share their invites.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast