1.    #1  
    Sorry dudes, can't find this. And what does it have to do with contacts app? As stated in the 1.2 list of new features.

Sorry again if this has been covered I just can't seem to find it.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    There are certain handsfree car kits, i.e. Yada YD-V16, which use bluetooth and allow you to transfer contacts from your phone to the unit. This enables you to dial a contact direct from the handsfree unit.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    There are certain handsfree car kits, i.e. Yada YD-V16, which use bluetooth and allow you to transfer contacts from your phone to the unit. This enables you to dial a contact direct from the handsfree unit.
    The real question is whether this new "car kit" transfer option is something that will transfer the contacts to any Bluetooth-compatible car device, and if so, which exact Bluetooth profile will it use? Object Push Profile (OPP) and/or Object Exchange (OBEX)?

Or is this something totally different? Perhaps it's something actually intended to support some new Palm "car kit" and NOT actually a true Bluetooth contact transfer.

If Palm has truly added (FINALLY) a Bluetooth object "push" capability for transferring contacts, it should work with any device that supports Bluetooth OPP, so why would they name it just the "car kit" option? Why not call it "send contacts"?

See if you can answer THAT question, and you'll be a lot of peoples' hero!