1.    #1  
    Is there really no text editor for the Pre? (No, not Memos.) That's hard to believe.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    No text editor,
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    If you don't mind "hacking" around a little, here's something to check out -

GUI Text Editors - WebOS Internals

FWIW, I haven't tried any of these yet. I'm using psMemo in Classic for now.

HTH,

-JerryG
  4. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I believe it.
    I'm confused. The OP's history shows a long history of Palm devices none of which came with text editors. Any that exist for the Palm OS are 3rd party apps/self installable: just like those mentioned by JerryG.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I'm confused. The OP's history shows a long history of Palm devices none of which came with text editors. Any that exist for the Palm OS are 3rd party apps/self installable: just like those mentioned by JerryG.
    That's a little unfair. The OP would have been able to purchase or download for free a text editor for Palm OS without having to gain command line access. I have no doubt there will be such apps for the Pre very soon, but we haven't seen a WebOS app yet that does it (unless you want to count Memos and Evernote). Otherwise, you might as well count vi.

Not to mention the fact that the Centro came with Docs2Go (and others on that list may have as well).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Funny, I'm not a developer and I was looking for one last night.

So there is sort of a text editor in that link above?

I'll have to read more about it.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    There's a big, big difference between buying and learning pedit (my PalmOS editor of choice) and rooting my Pre. BTW, I'm not talking about a word processor or even vi (though I look forward to both). I'm just looking for something with at least as many features as Memo in PalmOS.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    I'm just looking for something with at least as many features as Memo in PalmOS.
    Ah, a fellow user of Paul's Proud P-roducts!

Nope, not yet... I'm still using several programs under Classic.

Regards,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    I am also needing a edit app!
    scratch is a decent text editor. Check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    scratch is a decent text editor. Check it out.
    what he said
    Yes, Scratch is great, until we get something 'real'. The developer provides almost instant feedback and updates regularly to address any issues or just bring the app further. Also, a great bonus, it syncs with Google Docs! It's $5 and worth every penny.
    Hi,

if You are talking about a text-editor for editing files on the file system, there is
    the filemanager Internalz with included editor.
    Internalz can be installed via preware or WebOSQuickinstall.

If You are a vi fan, then you can intstall Terminal via preware or WebOSQuickinstall.

If You are looking for a App for taking Notes, I recommend ClassicNote.

Regards
    Ralf
    Sorry for multiple Posts, got gateway timeouts, several retries led to multiple posts.

Regards
    I also use the builtin editor of internalz. Like to use textfiles for notes, because sharing with other devices, my pc and wiki systems is so easy.