Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I guess old age has made me a bit cynical...especially when it comes to sales people. Some of them will lie to your face to make a sale.

First the rumor was that you must use official Pre batteries, otherwise they won't put the phone in sleep mode....whatever that is supposed to mean. The Pre sitting on a touchstone certainly doesn't appear to be asleep to me...the whole LCD screen is lit...all night long! Sure, it's a dark screen but the light still comes through.

Then the next rumor was that you must use official Pre batteries in order to prevent the phone from overheating. That doesn't seem to fly either, I've seen many posts where people say their Pre gets so hot they can fry an egg on it. Let me guess...they must be using Centro batteries!

Personally, I think Palm knows that a lot of people will upgrade from a Centro or Treo 800w to the Pre. They don't want them using the old batteries, they want to sell new ones, so some salesmen comes up with some gibberish in order to sell more batteries.

I have Centro batteries and Treo 800w batteries. I've tried them to see if they work and if I ever need a backup I'll use them. Currently, my Pre battery lasts all day long, I don't talk to people that much, I mainly use it for checking email, surfing, etc and it rarely goes below 50% before I put in on the Touchstone for the night.
    It's simple guys... it's called product liability.. We all know manufacturers do not test every possible accessory or battery with their phones, they don't care about anything oher than their own. So they all cover themselves with blanket statements like "only the original Palm battery will work" and then when someone screws up their phone with some third party battery they are not liable... In theory I suppose they could deny warrenty coverage if they wanted to.
    That's why we have communities online with people willing to test things out.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatti20 View Post
    It's simple guys... it's called product liability.. We all know manufacturers do not test every possible accessory or battery with their phones, they don't care about anything oher than their own. So they all cover themselves with blanket statements like "only the original Palm battery will work" and then when someone screws up their phone with some third party battery they are not liable... In theory I suppose they could deny warrenty coverage if they wanted to.
    Umm YEAH....but that in no way relates to the orginal post/question in this thread.

Not that i don't agree with you...just your post is a bit off pace for this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatti20 View Post
    We're not talking about 3rd party batteries, we're talking about official PALM batteries for the Centro and Treo 800w. I'm betting that they are the same battery, just relabeled for the Pre and that there is nothing different or special about it.
    I keep my centro in the car with a car charger and usually swap back and forth between my pre and centro battery every day. I havent noticed any difference yet and its been about 3 weeks since I started using it.
    hey jackie when is there a new movie coming out ??? ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    hey trekker i like the new pic you got there . do you have any tribbles for a pet??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12