Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't doubt it could happen but why would they want to deal with the nextel issue. I don't think anyone can fix that. They will probably get nextel sold right away.

I personally don't think its a bad thing. We would start to get all the hot phones in europe. That's what I miss about gsm. Put your sim in and your done.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    hate to say it but, AT@T
    im in the same boat i would end up going to att...

so if t-mobile bought sprint i dont get how so have the people would be on cdma network and the other would be on gsm so t-mobile would have to run a gsm network and cdma wow that would be alot of work.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    As long as I can get what I am getting now. Who knows what it could all end up like after a merger...

We will see if it can get through all of the regulatory approvals needed first!
    Smartphone/PDA/MP3 History: Palm III, Handspring Visor, iPaq 37XX, iPaq 41XX, HTC PPC6700 - Current: HTC Mogul, Palm Pre, BB 8830 (work), and 32G iPod Touch 2G (oh yeah, wife's BB Curve).
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    The news is they are considering attempting to buy them.

T-Mobile eyes Sprint as wireless industry consolidates
    Just to point out the obvious, bmhanson hit the nail on the head here, they are CONSIDERING, ATTEMPTING to buy them.

That means there isn't even a deal in the work. It means that one company is talking among themselves about whether or not they even want to attempt to buy another company.

Seriously, anybody who is worried about this could probably use a scrip for zanax. lol
    T-Mobile has to raise capital just to afford it. On top of that, Sprint brings 3 incompatible technologies and scrutiny from the trade commission. That would be enough of a red-flag for investors not to fund this buy-out.

It could be possible in the near future after T-Mobile sorts things out with the Orange deal they just struck in Europe.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Why leave Sprint. They are doing great things right now! They have the best 3G available. I've had them all thru work, and Sprint blows the others away. Ya...I'm staying with Sprint. I really believe it's not going to happen anyway. I'll worry about it if it happens, you hear crap like this all the time. I do not think CDMA is doomed, it's not going anywhere, Sprint has to much invested in it.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    T-Mobile has to raise capital just to afford it. On top of that, Sprint brings 3 incompatible technologies and scrutiny from the trade commission. That would be enough of a red-flag for investors not to fund this buy-out
    T mobile can buy sprint two times my friend!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am staying w/Sprint. In my 9 years w/them, I have not had any issues with cell service or customer service. I am also quite happy with my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glod View Post
    My personal opinion is Deutsche telekom would consider keeping the sprint name, but my Opinion also is sprint's CMDA network is doomed.
    Right. Sprint's experience with trying to run CDMA and iDEN has essentially paved the way for never trying to run mulitiple networks at the same time again.

The part I don't get, though, is how it's profitable to buy up all those CDMA & iDEN assets and then just scrap the iDEN part, and sell the CDMA part (at firesale prices) to the only remaining CDMA purchaser: Verizon.

I don't get how this deal is profitable.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    As long as they keep the same prices. I'll stay. I might even get to meet Catherine Zeta-Jones!!
  11.    #31  
    if it happens,sprints network will be done like dinner!
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    T mobile can buy sprint two times my friend!
    Interesting.... I've heard on more than one report that T-Mobile does not have enough to buy-out Sprint at +$10b.

Perhaps they are talking about T-Mobile USA. Just checked and Deutsche Telekom is about 6x's the size of Sprint...
    It's a slow news week when this kind of crap is what they give us to read. It seems like one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. No inverstors in their right mind would fund this sort of stupidity. The only these crackpots might even consider this is because they know Sprint will cost more to buy later (because they are turning themselves around).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  14.    #34  
    Deutsche Telekom AG......BIG PAPER BRO!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    The news is they are considering attempting to buy them.
    Key words:
    considering
    attempting

I think at this point it's probably premature to try to decide what to do when we don't know what changes they would make if their consideration turns into an actual attempt that becomes successful.
    What would it cost for T-Mobile to roll-out 4G? I haven't a clue.

If this deal really happens, then it'll explain Sprint's tactics behind sell-off of towers and network management.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Deutsche Telekom AG themselves would cause major hurdles for such a purchase.
    1. It would create the second largest wireless carrier putting at&t in the number 3 spot, but owned buy a foreign company.

2. Sprint’s iDEN network is rebanding to help public safety operators. Is it a good idea to have your public safety networks controlled by a foreign company??

3. Then you have the Clearwire part which already exceeds spectrum caps (but has waiver) Sprint/T-Mobile alone would exceed spectrum caps.

There are too many variables here to overcome.
    There was talk of a joint venture with Sprint, T-Mobile and Level3 for backhaul. This would make sense and may get Sprint away form at&t price gouging for backhaul that Sprint buys from at&t.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Key words:
    considering
    attempting

I think at this point it's probably premature to try to decide what to do when we don't know what changes they would make if their consideration turns into an actual attempt that becomes successful.
    do in advance what you know in advance my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    What would it cost for T-Mobile to roll-out 4G? I haven't a clue.

If this deal really happens, then it'll explain Sprint's tactics behind sell-off of towers and network management.
    T-Mobile barely has 3G in the US. Seeing that Sprint and T-Mobile are not compatible, there is no financial/strategic reason to buy Sprint.

This would go down as hard as Sprint's aquisistion of Nextel.
  20.    #40  
    just wiat until you get you first bill in the mail and it says t mobile on it........
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast