Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    This thread hasn't been visited in quite some time, but I had a question about this whole concept again.

I have the "Painter Lite" App and was wondering if there was such an app that let you roll your finger across the screen as if being finger printed like you see on all of the Prison reality shows. They apparently use the digital finger print scanner nowadays and no more ink.

Anyway, I tried using the paint program to roll my finger to show its finger print to no avail. But what if we had a really sophisticated Paint program that had very sensitive touch indicators? Would this possibly work as a solution to having no scanner built into the Pre and ultimately obtaining the print?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    This thread hasn't been visited in quite some time, but I had a question about this whole concept again.

I have the "Painter Lite" App and was wondering if there was such an app that let you roll your finger across the screen as if being finger printed like you see on all of the Prison reality shows. They apparently use the digital finger print scanner nowadays and no more ink.

Anyway, I tried using the paint program to roll my finger to show its finger print to no avail. But what if we had a really sophisticated Paint program that had very sensitive touch indicators? Would this possibly work as a solution to having no scanner built into the Pre and ultimately obtaining the print?
    You're just not getting the issue at hand. The apps don't have "sensitive touch indicators", they read the touch indicators that the device already has. The touch indicator that is on the device won't do what you're asking, so there's no fingerprint to read.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234