Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I've searched the forums and for Yahoo it seems the only "solution" was to delete the account and start over, which I have done. But I'm still getting the Login Credentials rejected, tap to update your password, which I have done, but to no avail.

It seems to take me to the Outgoing Mail Server section of the account set-up screen. The settings (which I assume are all defaults) are;

palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use Authentication is ON
    Username ******
    Password ******
    Port 465
    SSL Encryption

Does anyone show something different? OR is there a solution that I haven't found?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Just making sure, your username is in the format username@yahoo.com (or in my case whatever your mail provider is), right?

Have you ever gotten the Pre to retrieve your mail from the yahoo servers?
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> iPhone 4s (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    yep, it's correct in both fields.
    Need to remove and re-add. Not sure why it won't recognize. I've been there at least 3 times.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use Authentication is ON
    Username ******
    Password ******
    Port 465
    SSL Encryption

Does anyone show something different? OR is there a solution that I haven't found?
    My settings for Yahoo show as:

Mail type IMAP

Incoming Mail Server

palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    username@yahoo.com
    password
    Port 993
    SSL Encryption

Outgoing Mail Server

palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use Authentication is OFF
    Port 465
    SSL Encryption

My Yahoo mail setup no problem as my Pre did it automatically when I gave it my account name and password.

I hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Thanks Rip, I turned off Authentication under the outbound server, we'll see what happens...
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    If you have sbcglobal yahoo i changed it to pop.sbcglobal.net nd smpt.sbcglobal.net and its working fine. Yahoo has alot its just who you have it through i.e sbc,att,yahoo etc.
    There is a post that claims to solve this by using some alternative username tacked onto some alternative domain-name.

I can't send the URL (I'm too n00b) but if you google ("Finally got it to work." DCS2421), you'll find it.

I've asked for more details on that thread- you might want to keep your eye on it.
    Although, I've just tried it with https, instead of http, and that worked. I've not had the credentials error notification since.

So, with http, it works, but then gave the credentials errror. With https, it seems to work correctly. I had to delete the old account to make the change.
    i am having the same problem with my pre. i have a sbcglobal. im a noob and have no idea what to do.
    ive had this error many times. I find waiting some time and trying to log back in works the best. I've deleted my account and that has worked sometimes but other times I get the security token issue. The whole process can be frustrating but it always just seems to work again in the future. I've also noticed it will stop working again in the future too.
    so i should probably just wait and try again later cause i just deleted my account on the phone and it wont even let me set it back up. something about some tokens like you said
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanccr View Post
    so i should probably just wait and try again later cause i just deleted my account on the phone and it wont even let me set it back up. something about some tokens like you said
    Yeah just give it some time. Not sure why this happens. Most people say its yahoo's fault. I'm not sure either way but it will work again for you.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    ...I've also noticed it will stop working again in the future too.
    Just out of curiosity, how far ahead of us are you in the future?
    Thanks Rip, I turned off Authentication under the outbound server, we'll see what happens...
    My authentication is off and it still does it periodically. It will display log in credentials rejected for several horus or days and then will not take password but suddenly will, without me doing ANYTHING, IT WILL SPONTANEOUSLY CORRECT. hAVE CONTACTED THEIR CONTRACT TECH PEOPLE TWICE. First they had me reset email and redo password. Seemed to work. This last time they had me back up and do partial erase (which means I had to sync with blue tooth in car again and reset sync with google calendar). Seemed to work then today the message came up for a few hours then magically went away and my e-mail updated. So, two techs later and multiple tries at correcting does not remove this spontaneous problem. It is on Palm 's side becaues it happens with ATT and Yahoo according to other forums out there.
    ive had this error many times. I find waiting some time and trying to log back in works the best. I've deleted my account and that has worked sometimes but other times I get the security token issue. The whole process can be frustrating but it always just seems to work again in the future. I've also noticed it will stop working again in the future too.
    I've contacted tech two times. These contract people inIndia do not seem to be able to research this recurrent problem which is weird because the problem is discussed on dif forums from this one. I have waited and reentered pwd and it worked BUT SOMETIMES IT WON'T WORK FOR DAYS. sometimes it spontaneously corrects itself. Today it was off for two hours then, wah lah, it worked. I've partially erased and reset Palm (& had to resync everything); I've re logged in; all guided by India tech thru Palm Support. There is no solution that consistently works and mostly the problem magically goes away. I am on the hunt for a responsible person at Pre that must be collecting data on this software bug.
    This happens to both ATT and Yahoo customers so it is Pre's side. I got my Pre last summer & not refurbed.
    Last edited by marchmaggie; 11/13/2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typos
    Yeah just give it some time. Not sure why this happens. Most people say its yahoo's fault. I'm not sure either way but it will work again for you.
    Have checked mulitple forums and it happens to ATT and Sprint/Yahoo both. This problem spontaneously occurs and can spontaneously correct. It is all magic from the dark side. Have followed tech twice for support and they know nothing and act like no one has this problem. they do support for a vaariety of software and devices so maybe they get a grab bag of problems for all and don't consistently deal with one product or software. Have reset log in and password; have partially erased and reset up Pre. Nothing makes this go away permanently.
    Mine is off. I have twice used tech support and they seem to know nothing of this recurrent problem. This problem spontaneously corrects itself, sometimes after hours, sometimes after days. It is ATT and Yahoo both so it is on Pre side.
    It is on Pre side. Happens to ATT and Yahoo but mostly to Yahoo. Check other forums on net and you will see that no one has a solution and certainly not Pre's tech support.
    Yes, it is a spontaneous problem that spontaneously corrects. Sometimes it occurs for days, sometimes for hours. I have had it correct without me doing ANYTHING to resolve it. It is ATT and Yahoo both according to other forums but mostly Yahoo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast