1.    #1  
    I've been having major signal issues with my Pre in the Des Moines, IA area this week. I'm dropping almost every call I take and getting bumped to voice roaming all over the place. Anyone else in my area having issues this week?
    DSM doesn't seem any worse lately than it was when I first got the phone - not saying that it's great by any means. Ankeny however is really bad for me. I will pay closer attention today and let you know.
  3.    #3  
    I'm noticing that I'll have around 3 bars, but then the moment I use the phone for anything (text, data) its dropping to nothing.
    i wonder how much of this is the pre and how much is sprint?
    I was having a similar problem with reception in central Florida were I live. Try calling customer retention, and ask them about the AIRAVE system. Its like having a cell tower in your home. After using it, I have wall to wall coverage all over the house and backyard. If your reception issue is everywhere in your area this wont help. Dont let them tell you that you have to pay for the machine and the monthly service, push it and they'll comp it all the way.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wickcity View Post
    i wonder how much of this is the pre and how much is sprint?

Not sure. I might switch my service over to my HTC Diamond and see how it does.
    My Sprint coverage with the Pre in central Iowa has been hit or miss - perhaps they are doing some tower work? I was in Ames in early July and consistently got 1.5mbps download speeds (the fastest connection I have gotten anywhere in the country - Sprint, AT&T or Verizon). When I went back to Ames in early August I had almost no signal at all for several days. PRL updates and resets gave no improvement. Very frustrating.
    I am in downtown DSM and have seen no issues. East of town (Altoona) has very spotty service and west of town (WDM) does as well.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I live in WDSM and the signal has been also hit and miss. Prior phone was rock solid along with my wifes phone.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by iFalcon View Post
    I live in WDSM and the signal has been also hit and miss. Prior phone was rock solid along with my wifes phone.
    When did you notice the spotty performance? For me it started this week. Earlier today I changed my phone pref to sprint only and no data roaming and it finally stopped switching to 1x and roaming. Haven't taken any phone calls since the change though, and my signal is still pretty consistently dropping to 1 bar so I'm sure I'll still drop calls.
    downtown dsm is good, north side of ankeny is really good, indianola boonies is HORRID.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    When did you notice the spotty performance? For me it started this week. Earlier today I changed my phone pref to sprint only and no data roaming and it finally stopped switching to 1x and roaming. Haven't taken any phone calls since the change though, and my signal is still pretty consistently dropping to 1 bar so I'm sure I'll still drop calls.
    i think it was about monday.
  13.    #13  
    Little update. I'm now getting 5 bars consistently at home. Yesterday and Monday I was going from 3 to no bars and dropping calls like crazy. Can't wait to see how things are at work tomorrow. Hoping this was just some towers being worked on/upgraded.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I've had no problems here. Even at Jack Trice last weekend with 100k+ people on just a couple of towers I was getting great coverage. Actually was able to place calls when nobody else around could.