1.    #1  
    OMG! Palm showed off there new PRE in the UK......And as you most likely have read it was utter rubbish. NO pics were allowed of the crappy hardware and the software was buggy as hell. *** IS WRONG WITH THESE MUPPETS! They are destroying any chance they had in the UK market.
    This might help a bit:

Palm Pre UK debut disappoints | Electricpig

It's a headscratcher. How and why on Earth does the GSM Pre have both pre-production software and hardware at this point?
  3.    #3  
    I was really looking forward to this phone after having an iphone but I just get more and more disappointed the more I read.
    Hardware version B?
    Thats how Palm rolls, always going thru the door **** 1st.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    On the flip side
    Palm Pre challenges iPhone - Channel 4 News

But unlike the Apple iPhone, it is possible to run many multiple applications at the same time, i...
    But unlike the iPhone, a full QWERTY keyboard pops ou...

I hope to have a more in-depth look at the Palm Pre prior to its launch but on first play it is a worthy challenger to the Apple iPhone and may yet be the cool gadget to own come Christmas.

It depends on whose article you read, you need to read several to get a true picture. Just as here in the US you have widely varying reports and some like on PCWorld that are just full of false information. (or are they paid for by Apple and at&t)
    But take note of the last quote...

"I do wonder how long it would be until the Palm Pre 2 would be out (although there’s no evidence yet of it)."

Sounds like if it was a full review, he would have elaborated more on that. Not a very positive comment to wonder when the next gen is coming out when you didn't even get the first to market.

Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    On the flip side
    Palm Pre challenges iPhone - Channel 4 News

But unlike the Apple iPhone, it is possible to run many multiple applications at the same time, i...
    But unlike the iPhone, a full QWERTY keyboard pops ou...

I hope to have a more in-depth look at the Palm Pre prior to its launch but on first play it is a worthy challenger to the Apple iPhone and may yet be the cool gadget to own come Christmas.

It depends on whose article you read, you need to read several to get a true picture. Just as here in the US you have widely varying reports and some like on PCWorld that are just full of false information. (or are they paid for by Apple and at&t)
    I hope that they did not mention that the next phone is a "Pixie"...

Maybe they could call it the "Scrum" in the UK?

- Craig
    If they tell the press they are going to be showing the Pixie in the UK you'll likely get a crowd of Boy George fans showing up.
    Very odd that they'd show a phone with the software all glitchy and not working properly...given that the US version has been running fine for months now. ***?
    Well, its been running.. Dunno bout fine tho.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I would think that is a very legitimate question since he is comparing it to iphone and they drop a new model about once a year. Technology is to the point where we are in about a six month life cycle for anything that has some type of CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

"I do wonder how long it would be until the Palm Pre 2 would be out (although there’s no evidence yet of it)."

Sounds like if it was a full review, he would have elaborated more on that. Not a very positive comment to wonder when the next gen is coming out when you didn't even get the first to market.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

The Pre hardware is actually quite good.

Many of the biggest problems with the Pre can be addressed in software.

The Music Player (Remix) provides 90% of the Music Player's missing features.

webOS Quick Install give 20 of the most requested tweaks.

Plus webOS 1.2 has dozens of the most requested features coming.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Yes, Palm is losing ALL credibility in Europe this way. Didn't they hire someone from HTC to do the European marketing campaign???
    It's possible Palm only showed that same old MWC GSM Pre, which would explain the old/buggy software, though somewhat unlikely, all things considered