Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    ok so here's my problem. I was getting crappy reception at work, so I installed the roam only hack to my palm pre. Well I got tired of sprint altogether, so I listed my phone for sale on ebay. Well I go to wipe it before I send it off, and then it comes back up and I start looking and its still roaming, and I cannot access the phone preferences to turn this off, and as a result the phone can't be activated. Does anyone have any idea what i can do to either remove the hack altogether or atleast get to the menu to turn it off long enough to get the phone activated. I've already did a flash with webosdoctor and that didn't work.
    Hopefully this won't sound stupid....did you pull up your dialer first before you went into your preferences to get the roam only hack?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i don't think we are on the same page I am stuck at the create a palm profile page when you first get the phone, but because it is stuck on roam only i can't get sprint coverage to activate the phone.
    did you try the WebDoctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by eserrano250 View Post
    did you try the WebDoctor?
    A full erase will not remove hacks...to remove hacks/tweaks you must us the Doctor.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I did use webos doctor, and when it comes up it is still roaming when I know I'm in a sprint coverage area.
    Have you tired opening up the keyboard and while holding the orange button type in some numbers. it should bring up the dial pad to access the preferences from.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I can get to the dialpad via emergency call, but considering its not activated it won't let me get to preferences. I don't understand why a clean install with the doctor won't work, because it should be replacing all the modified files.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i just tried another webos doctor treatment and still says its roaming
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Where is the thread/page that describes the new/updated method? The original post says not to use the original method.

Thanks
    was there any resolution to this? i came across the same problem today.
    i took my phone to sprint and told them what i did and they didn't know what to do either, so now i have to wait for a new phone.