Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    why is it that when i get a long text message i get it separate parts i get the last part of the text first it also lags anyone else have this problem?
    Don't worry , that's normal from pre!
    It depends on how the messages are routed through the server system. Text messages don't always take the same path through the network, so there may be a delay in one section that causes the last message to be received first.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    This is a sprint thing too if I'm not mistaken. In my 7 years with the company all of my phones have had a limit on the characters.
    other phones have a limit on characters , but the pre send larger texts but it separates your text so if someone is driving or right on the cusp of two different cell towers i could see getting one half before the other .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    sure makes for a confusing conversation...but yeah this happens to me as well with those particularly long winded friends of mine.
    ha ha yeah but at least it works
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    yeah its kind of annoying but oh well i remember back when i had nextel i would receive a text message like an hour later
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    most cellular serivces have a 150 character per text message limit. thats why when you recieve long messages it breaks them into smaller ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Don't worry , that's normal from pre!
    Actually, that's normal from every cell phone I've ever owned.
    I have also noticed this with the Pre and so do people that receive my text. I never had this issue with any other cellphone. They were all on a GSM network which leads me to believe it is a limitation of Sprint's CDMA network.

The one plus of having long text messages broken up into smaller ones is the faster delivery times. Also load times of the texting app is much faster. On my iPhone on Tmobile it took forever for the iPhone's messaging app to open. Also there would be a noticeable difference in delivery times between short text messages compared to long ones.

Even though text on the Pre are broken up I like the Pre's messaging app much better than the iPhone's and you can't beat a physical keyboard when it comes to sending long or short text messages.
    Its a limitation (150 char max) of all phones with SMS technology. Just be glad it automatically breaks it up for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by 911_Dude View Post
    Its a limitation (150 char max) of all phones with SMS technology. Just be glad it automatically breaks it up for you.

Isn't it 160 characters?