1.    #1  
    So i took my Pre to the sprint repair center today. Told them about the power button not working, headset not working, oreo effect and a small screw that came out from in between the slider.........after 1 hour they said comeback thursday they ordered a new one for me. Cool!

Do u think its gonna be a refurbished one? how bout all the apps i downloaded?
    yup probably a refurb.. sucks... i have one its crap...
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    yup probably a refurb.. sucks... i have one its crap...
    I got a refurb through asurion when I screen cracked and it's the best one yet. No complaints so far about this one. This is my 4th Pre too.
    Why is the refurb crap?? Is it lesser quality??
    I just got a refurb as a replacement with a build date of 6/3/09 ... and it looks like it was rebuilt from the ground up. Solid as a rock... has the new battery and different center button. I'm much happier than I expected to be, and it was built much better than my brand new one built in the middle of July.

I think it's a crapshoot either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rastataoist View Post
    I just got a refurb as a replacement with a build date of 6/3/09 ... and it looks like it was rebuilt from the ground up. Solid as a rock... has the new battery and different center button. I'm much happier than I expected to be, and it was built much better than my brand new one built in the middle of July.

I think it's a crapshoot either way.
    new battery? new center button?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    new battery? new center button?
    This is about the new battery -

Re: Palm Pre shutting off randomly - webOS Hardware - Palm Support Community

and the center button received a slight change after the first batch of phones went out (can't find a link) ... but my phone which was built before the change, has the new features incorporated.
    refurbished can be real gooood lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Remember you can always turn down the refurb. If its worst, don't take it. Ask for another and if they won't, go to another store.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    Remember you can always turn down the refurb. If its worst, don't take it. Ask for another and if they won't, go to another store.
    in my past experiences with the instinct, and some other members of this site, if u get a refurb, and find something wrong, they'll more than likely send you a new one. had this happen through asssurion and sprint cs

i get my 3rd pre since july first tom.
    see how that goes....first 2 were brand new and had problems. see how this turns out.
  11.    #11  
    Well i got a Brand new Pre for my replacement. BUT. I have to return it again because the vibration didn't work so their going to order me another one and i'll get it on Tuesday.. I asked if its a Refurb and he said for the Pre u get NEW one because it still hasnt been 180 day. He said after the 180 days then the Refurbs are givin. I dono
    There's no way I'd take a risk in buying a pre given the FACT that so many people have to go through 4 - 5 of them just to get one that' s so so, and well, still crap as a refurb.

What say you, Gturkey?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    "refurbs" didn't start the the Pre..so if you don't know what a refurb is there deeper issues than a unsatisfactory unit.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    "refurbs" didn't start the the Pre..so if you don't know what a refurb is there deeper issues than a unsatisfactory unit.